aberdeen-music

goosebumps

Gumpy

I used to read to be able to read a Goosebumps book a night. Then' date=' after reading about 20ish, I could guess the plot from the first 3 chapters. Then, I guess i grew up.[/quote']

chapter one.....

We had just moved into our new house in creepy valley

or

the killer stood over my bed with a butcher knife....then i woke up

Guest AmbientMood

Did anyone progress to point horror? I remember sitting on a train when I was about ten, discreetly reading and wondering if anyone was going to have a go at my mum because The Forbidden Game was clearly indicated for twelve upwards.

shyeah.. I have many a book.. those choose your own ending ones were ace "reader beware, you choose the scare!" I'll beware all right. I enjoyed say cheese and die, so I got say cheese and die 2, only to discover it was not a continuation of the first, but exactly the same as the first but with different names, as was say cheese and die 3. R.L.Stine was a filthy con man. Camp Jelly Jam, and Ghost camp were good too, anyway I donated all mine to the Albyn library, though they were shunned for being American trash and not worthy literature for the shelves.

Point Horror was quite unnervingly arousing in places...for a pre-pubescent SensesWorkingOverTime anyway.

Vampire's Love ones were my favourites...

EDIT (taken from neg scene points):

you know a thread is shite when rainbowslutface starts posting on it

Haha! :laughing: I fucking love it!

Vampire's Love ones were my favourites...

EDIT (taken from neg scene points):

Haha! :laughing: I fucking love it!

Holy shit! thats so harsh!!

i think my favourite was the beast from the east although i never did understand the ending ?( the tv programs were good too although the one with the mirrors in a house which were actually cameras - made me paranoid about undressing anywhere with a mirror for about a month. and the one where a girl suddenly loses her face ?(

Give Yourself Goosebumps was the best! The picture on the Egyptian mummy one used to scare me but my favourite was probably Beware of Purple Peanut Butter or the comic shop one :rockon:

As for Point Horror, I had the Babysitter trilogy when I was 9 or so and was shit-scared of it, so I hid it under my bed. Then a couple of years later I got it out and laughed at myself, flicked it open to read a random page, landed right on a page with a dead spider squished in it and chucked it straight back under! Spooky :D

Guest haigyman
Holy shit! thats so harsh!!

i think my favourite was the beast from the east although i never did understand the ending ?( the tv programs were good too although the one with the mirrors in a house which were actually cameras - made me paranoid about undressing anywhere with a mirror for about a month. and the one where a girl suddenly loses her face ?(

*gets to work*

Did anyone progress to point horror? I remember sitting on a train when I was about ten' date=' discreetly reading and wondering if anyone was going to have a go at my mum because The Forbidden Game was clearly indicated for twelve upwards.[/quote']

Yeah I moved onto Point Horror though they were usually even more predictable...usually involved a babysitter being stalked. Still good though...

my fave Goosebumps book would have been either Cuckoo Clock of Doom, Attack of the Mutant or The Haunted Mask...II!

"IT" gave me the willes at some point. But I was quite young at the time. So did "The Omen" - the only book that made me frightened to turn off the light...

I love the film of the Omen' date=' so at some point I [b']must read the book. I always end up preferring it :)

I'm just a bookworm.

I loved goose bumps so much! I can't remember many of them now, but my favourite was 'be careful what you wish for'

The programmes were quite cool too.

i lvoed goosebumps. never progressed to Point Horro- but went onto Fear Street book.s some of them were proper scary! kids getting stuck in walls and aeverything. gave me the creeps

Yeah, I used to read them too. They were also very good!