Gumpy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Originally posted by Neil:

...my cider habit.

wait so you hate beer too? incredible, i trust you know the secret cider drinkers handshake, if you can partake in it with me then i shall buy you a...oh no wait the only cider they sell at the lemon tree is blackthorn, and true cider drinkers demand something a little more classy. right? right?

Originally posted by Rob Karloff:

You should try being me, Neil. I have a 16.5 collar size, but a 32 waist. Either I get something that fits my neck and shoulders/chest, which then hangs off my midriff, or I get something that fits there that I can't do the top button up on and have to make like a hotdog to avoid ripping the shoulders apart. Nae fun.

get a zoot suit then. www.zootsuit.com

You should try being me, Neil. I have a 16.5 collar size, but a 32 waist. Either I get something that fits my neck and shoulders/chest, which then hangs off my midriff, or I get something that fits there that I can't do the top button up on and have to make like a hotdog to avoid ripping the shoulders apart. Nae fun.

Yeah Rob, because being 6 foot 2 with muscles is far worse than being too short and slim to get a suit that even fits you... ;)

Originally posted by Neil:

As I need a new suit for work then I think I might use the Fudge Awards as a good excuse to part with lots of money and buy a lovely new suit. Anyone know any good tailors in Aberdeen?

The Craft Bespoke Tailor on Bridge Street is very reasonably priced for made-to-measure suits. Phillip King too.

I might be wrong but don't Slater's do bespoke work as well?

Nope, I never said that. I was empathising. Neil is not a Hobbit you know, he must be able to get a kids suit or something :D :D

It would be cool if I was the same size as a Hobbit though. They had great little suits in LOTR!

But thanks for the tailor suggestions everyone. I'll check them out.

Originally posted by Hardcore Mel:

the whole point of the fudge awards is to dress up, but since there's no dress code, the phrase 'dress up' can be interpreted any way you want. QT is the one on george street and it's awesome.

if you wanna dress up like that, i will certainly help you. it'd be so much fun. and if you don't go like that, at least dress up like that some time and let me take some black and white photos. a huge pic of a glam rock boy would look ace in my room once it's decorated.

Sounds quite funny!

A glam-rock-pop-funk-emo-kid-girl?(

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

Yeah Rob, because being 6 foot 2 with muscles is far worse than being too short and slim to get a suit that even fits you... ;)

Dont get me started!! I had an interesting conversation with a certain drummer about how he had the idea of eating tampons to build-up a bit after seeing them expand in a glass of water in first year sex education at school - never know, might be worth a shot...

I'm just nipping out to Boots... Ill be the short fat guy at the fudge awards!

Andrew

Guest stuartmaxwell
Originally posted by Ben Quik:

Orwell are playing cos if it wasnt them it was gonna be weapon!!

sorry dude

just think how much more pissed you will be able to get:cheers:

sorry to all those who wanted to see weapon instead of us but we will have some new material for it and its gonna be a rifftastic night, hopefully you will enjoy our set

well prob be on early no doubt which means more booze-yeah!