aberdeen-music

fudge awards....what will you wear?

Gumpy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tv tanned:

I'd probably just go with a kilt to be honest. Fat people don't look good in tuxedos...

I'll not be going as I don't have anyone to go with (g/f works til late on Saturdays) and I have little connection to the scene save the occasional worming of a DJ slot at Drakes, and being on nodding terms with a few people.

you could come with us. we're trying to get a table full of our lot so you could be one of them, if you like.

Guest tv tanned
Originally posted by Hardcore Mel:

you could come with us. we're trying to get a table full of our lot so you could be one of them, if you like.

I'm tempted.

PM me with all the details sometime.

Originally posted by tv tanned:

and your point would be?

That you are on the aberdeen music scene website for a large amount of each day yet say you have little connection to the scene.

That's like working in a supermarket and saying you have little connection with food.

If you are on this website, then you are the scene... ;)

Guest tv tanned
Originally posted by Dan Atom:

That you are on the aberdeen music scene website for a large amount of each day yet say you have little connection to the scene.

That's like working in a supermarket and saying you have little connection with food.

If you are on this website, then you are the scene... ;)

a touching sentiment.

If I could ever be arsed to work then I'd probably never come on here...

Originally posted by Charlotte:

Surely being on this website doesn't make you part of the 'scene'. Unless you're giving something back - i.e. going to gigs, supporting bands etc. you're jsut a casual observer surely.

To a certain degree, yes. Although my comment was more of a motivational speech for Tv tanned to come along...

I also don't actually see the point of people coming on here if they don't attend gigs and support bands etc...

I know for a fact that tv tanned, although maybe not Mr GoesToEveryGig, does at least have an interest in the scene to some degree, and therefore be a relevant attendee of the fudge awards.

Thats what I was meaning...You DJ and attend the odd gig - that's more than worthy than some of the people who post here yet couldn't even tell you where Drakes is!

I wouldn't even say that I am a 'scenie' as such but it depends on what your idea of that is, I play gigs, I go to gigs that I think are worth going to, but that's about it...

I wasn't being confrontational - it just bugs me when people talk about how they're a great part of the scene, and yet they go see their fav band play twice a year and leave before the rest come on. To be fair, I can hardly talk because I get very few opportunities to go out and catch music in Aberdeen, but i'd like to think that if I could, I would.

Originally posted by Charlotte:

I wasn't being confrontational - it just bugs me when people talk about how they're a great part of the scene, and yet they go see their fav band play twice a year and leave before the rest come on. To be fair, I can hardly talk because I get very few opportunities to go out and catch music in Aberdeen, but i'd like to think that if I could, I would.

Sorry, I didn't mean to react in a way that seemed like I assumed you were being confrontational... I was just trying to back up my thoughts.

I know exactly what you mean, that's why I have made a new thread about that subject.

Originally posted by Neil:

As I need a new suit for work then I think I might use the Fudge Awards as a good excuse to part with lots of money and buy a lovely new suit. Anyone know any good tailors in Aberdeen?

how swish are you talking? Cos if you're thinking 100 - 150 or so quid then 'Next' is decent. If nearer 500 then go for it neil...find a nice Armani suit. ;)

I don't know any Tailor's though...

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

how swish are you talking? Cos if you're thinking 100 - 150 or so quid then 'Next' is decent. If nearer 500 then go for it neil...find a nice Armani suit. ;)

I don't know any Tailor's though...

Unfortunately, due to my diminutive size (no jokes, please!) then simply buying a suit in Next or Slaters or wherever is not an option. Hence, why I need to see a tailor. But yeah, an Armani suit would be cool. :)

Unfortunately, due to my diminutive size (no jokes, please!) then simply buying a suit in Next or Slaters or wherever is not an option. Hence, why I need to see a tailor. But yeah, an Armani suit would be cool. :)

I'll try and Pm you the name of a good tailor later. My mum was given a list of them from a fashion consultant at the weekend.

Originally posted by Princess:

I'll try and Pm you the name of a good tailor later. My mum was given a list of them from a fashion consultant at the weekend.

That would be most excellent if you could!

And TV Tanned, we all know I just spend the PayPal donations on my cider habit.

There is a tailors shop on Bridge Street. I wouldnt discount Slaters, they can do some great stuff and they have an instore tailor

Originally posted by hog dev fucker:

There is a tailors shop on Bridge Street. I wouldnt discount Slaters, they can do some great stuff and they have an instore tailor

Yes, they do have grerat stuff. But they turned me away. Yes, turned me away because they couldn't get anything to fit. ;(