aberdeen-music

Resident Evil 4 is awesome

thats what i wanna know!

At the moment yes, but there is one in the development for the ps2 later this year. Although i must warn you that developers are strugling to port it over to the console and i think it mite get ditched. Which is a bit crap considering the series originated from the playstation.

Then gay-ass nintendo go and buy the rights so they can now say its not a "kiddies" console really, we have resident evil look :rolleyes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment yes' date=' but there is one in the development for the ps2 later this year. Although i must warn you that developers are strugling to port it over to the console and i think it mite get ditched. Which is a bit crap considering the series originated from the playstation.

Then gay-ass nintendo go and buy the rights so they can now say its not a "kiddies" console really, we have resident evil look :rolleyes:[/quote']

i dunno why i let it get to me but it really pisses me off when people call nintendo a kiddy console company

nintendo never released spice world you know

i dunno why i let it get to me but it really pisses me off when people call nintendo a kiddy console company

nintendo never released spice world you know

Probably has something to do with the fact that Mortal Kombat on the SNES had no gore, unlike the Megadrive version, which did.

Plus everyone knows Sonic could have kicked Mario's fat moustachioed little arse.

I know that when I were a lad me and my fellow Megadrive owning mates used to go on about the Megadrive being the "hardy-biff" console. I daresay the black exterior was also a factor.

Probably has something to do with the fact that Mortal Kombat on the SNES had no gore' date=' unlike the Megadrive version, which did.

Plus everyone knows Sonic could have kicked Mario's fat moustachioed little arse.

I know that when I were a lad me and my fellow Megadrive owning mates used to go on about the Megadrive being the "hardy-biff" console. I daresay the black exterior was also a factor.[/quote']

mk did have gore, unless your a twat it said in the manual press following code to activate blood

sonic was very basic compared to the mario series (how can sonic kick marios ass when mario has appeared in almost as many games as ron jeremy has appeard in movies)

i had a mega drive and a nes+snes

and i had more fun playing double dragon vs battle toads than playing the homo erotic altered beast

if you were to play half the games for nintendo that didnt get fucked by america you would realise they had alot of violent shit going on

bionic commando for example......it was a game about rescuing a fellow soldier from the cryogenicly(dunno bout the spelling) hitler and his evil nazi army

the end scene is hitlers eye balls popping out his face whilst his head explodes (this was before sega came out)

games like total carnage originally had blood but they changed it to green goo (because the americans thought it was too violent)

the cube had a game called eternal darkness which is a bit like resident evil (so they didnt need to buy resident evil to say it wasnt a kiddy console)

the sega was shit (graphics, sound, control pad and the fact it was limited in the good game department)

sorry for this long boring post but im bored

mk did have gore' date=' unless your a twat it said in the manual press following code to activate blood

sonic was very basic compared to the mario series (how can sonic kick marios ass when mario has appeared in almost as many games as ron jeremy has appeard in movies)

and i had more fun playing double dragon vs battle toads than playing the homo erotic altered beast

if you were to play half the games for nintendo that didnt get fucked by america you would realise they had alot of violent shit going on

bionic commando for example......it was a game about rescuing a fellow soldier from the cryogenicly(dunno bout the spelling) hitler and his evil nazi army

the end scene is hitlers eye balls popping out his face whilst his head explodes (this was before sega came out)

games like total carnage originally had blood but they changed it to green goo (because the americans thought it was too violent)

the cube had a game called eternal darkness which is a bit like resident evil (so they didnt need to buy resident evil to say it wasnt a kiddy console)

the sega was shit (graphics, sound, control pad and the fact it was limited in the good game department)

sorry for this long boring post but im bored[/quote']

Hmm, so I've been lied to all this time about the SNES. But I was under the impression that the gore in MK needed a code that wasn't in the manual. Fair enough though.

However, I loved the Megadrive. I liked the controllers (in fact I've yet to see a Nintendo controller that I like the look or feel of... the N64 one was just terrible) and Streets Of Rage pissed over all scrolling beat-em-ups EVER!!!! Nothing quite as fun as throwing overgrown twins all over the place.

Saying that, I DID like the Turtles game that was on the NES. But I always thought Mario Kart and Goldeneye on the N64 were grossly over-rated. Maybe that's just cos I was crap at them though.

goldeneye remains one of THE best shoot em ups ever made!

and the controllers are an absolute treat to use

I just didn't like the 4 little C buttons type thing, and I wasn't a fan of the thumbstick, although I try to use the PS2 thumbstick as little as possible too.

I just think Nintendo are obsessed with trying to over-design their joypads with different sized buttons etc, and that's why they end up looking like children's toys.

the z button as the trigger behind the pad was an inspired idea though....nothing more satisfying than nailing some ruskies with that baby' date=' also was excellent for controlling tip-tup in diddy kong racing![/quote']

Yeah, that was good, I'll give them that.

However, ISS Pro >>>> ISS64. I beat someone about 8-0 the first time I played that because it was so much easier. Or maybe he was just shite.

The amount of Megadrive pads I went through was ridiculous. Someone kept throwing them about the room in a rage... I would say the PS2 controller is definitely the best designed one though. It doesn't dig into your hand like NES ones did, the d-pad doesn't start rubbing the skin off your thumb like the Megadrive one did after a few days of constant playing, and the buttons are all a nice size.

Guest Cowboy Dan

No way, the PS2 controller is so shit, you have to stretch so far to reach the analogue stick... The Gamecube controller on the other hand is genius and one of the best things about the console.

No way' date=' the PS2 controller is so shit, you have to stretch so far to reach the analogue stick... The Gamecube controller on the other hand is genius and one of the best things about the console.[/quote']

Analogue sticks are over-rated though. The d-pad is much more accurate. Or maybe that's just cos I don't have the ability to only push the stick a little bit in a direction.

mk did have gore' date=' unless your a twat it said in the manual press following code to activate blood

sorry for this long boring post but im bored[/quote']

You are mistaken. MK did NOT have gore on the snes. The snes and megadrive versions were both released in a non gore form, but the megadrive version had a gore code. The only way to get anything resembling gore on the snes was via an action replay cartridge, and even then it was not an official cheat, so looked a bit shit.

Logan, I'm not too sure how much we are getting in, but I will keep one aside for you.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Streets Of Rage pissed over all scrolling beat-em-ups EVER!!!! Nothing quite as fun as throwing overgrown twins all over the place.

A scrolling beat-em-up with wrestling moves= gaming genius. That and Skate's cheeky rabbit-punch cheap-shot. Made up for Final Fight only being a one-player game. Get y'self round to Ape Towers one night, you supply the booze, I'll supply Streets of Rage 2!

A scrolling beat-em-up with wrestling moves= gaming genius. That and Skate's cheeky rabbit-punch cheap-shot. Made up for Final Fight only being a one-player game. Get y'self round to Ape Towers one night' date=' you supply the booze, I'll supply Streets of Rage 2![/quote']

The best thing was when you were Max and you managed to grab someone from behind (ooh matron!) and unleash a HUUUUGE atomic drop that would kill anyone except the bosses.

I loved the way you could hold the other player while they kicked folk, or throw them at crowds of bad guys.

They (probably) don't make them like that anymore!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
The best thing was when you were Max and you managed to grab someone from behind (ooh matron!) and unleash a HUUUUGE atomic drop that would kill anyone except the bosses.

I loved the way you could hold the other player while they kicked folk' date=' or throw them at crowds of bad guys.

They (probably) don't make them like that anymore![/quote']

They certainly don't make 'em like that anymore. Did you ever play Rival Turf on the SNES? That was a similar game, you could do Frankensteiners (sorry, huracanranas) and powerbombs and if you got hit a few times, you would go into angry mode! You were invincible and your moves were twice as damaging. Like you say, finishing Mr.X with an atomic drop was immensely satisfying. Ah, lovely.

You are mistaken. MK did NOT have gore on the snes. The snes and megadrive versions were both released in a non gore form' date=' but the megadrive version had a gore code. The only way to get anything resembling gore on the snes was via an action replay cartridge, and even then it was not an official cheat, so looked a bit shit.

Logan, I'm not too sure how much we are getting in, but I will keep one aside for you.[/quote']

really?

hmmm i was pretty sure it had the gore code either way it was shit

and as for action replay that damn thing was far too unreliable

resident evil stock appears to be very limited just now. the fucking dicks. i bought republic commando instead, it's ace but in a different way.

gamecube controller and x-box small controllers shit all over ps2 controllers. word.

and arguing about which was better for games between megadrive and snes is pointless because amiga shit all over them both and that's a fact :p

resident evil stock appears to be very limited just now. the fucking dicks. i bought republic commando instead' date=' it's ace but in a different way.

gamecube controller and x-box small controllers shit all over ps2 controllers. word.

and arguing about which was better for games between megadrive and snes is pointless because amiga shit all over them both and that's a fact :p[/quote']

I just bought timesplitters 3 and the punisher. Both very good games, especially timesplitters. Online tends to lag a bit though. Blast those E.A. servers!!!!!!

Guest Logan

Logan' date=' I'm not too sure how much we are getting in, but I will keep one aside for you.[/quote']

wow, ace! ^_^ The day before my birthday too!

*cough*gives scene point*cough*