aberdeen-music

footballing brothers....

delboy

has a famous footballing brother ever played for your team?

cambridge recently signed newcastle's titus bramble's bro on loan and he's scored two in two games as we battle bravely against relegation to the conference.

in the mid 90's we signed roy keane's younger brother in a blaze of local alan partridge-esque publicity but he was shit and never played for the first team before being shipped back to ireland and obscurity.

and eric's younger sibling joel turned out for stockport for a few games in the 1990's but didnt quite live up to have his famous brothers reputation....

Guest Jake Wifebeater

The only brothers to have played in Scottish Cup Final sides were Willie and Tommy Callaghan in 1968 and Darren and Derek Young in 2004. Both duos represented Dunfermline and I'm getting a bit nostalgic, which is probably due to the fact that we have become fucking mince.

Guest stuartmaxwell

abdn, hibs, motherwell and some others...

he made the scotland squad a fair few times, i dunno if he got caps though. thorouhly nice chap, i was at one of his birthday dos when i was bout 14. pictyure the scene, hired dj (complete with soundshaper discoteque) in some shitey function room watching grannies and footballers getting steaming drunk

abdn' date=' hibs, motherwell and some others...

he made the scotland squad a fair few times, i dunno if he got caps though. thorouhly nice chap, i was at one of his birthday dos when i was bout 14. pictyure the scene, hired dj (complete with soundshaper discoteque) in some shitey function room watching grannies and footballers getting steaming drunk[/quote']

oh yes i know that scene well, i DJ'd a few functions at pittrodie!!!!

Guest Ancient Mariner
abdn' date=' hibs, motherwell and some others...

he made the scotland squad a fair few times, i dunno if he got caps though. thorouhly nice chap, i was at one of his birthday dos when i was bout 14. pictyure the scene, hired dj (complete with soundshaper discoteque) in some shitey function room watching grannies and footballers getting steaming drunk[/quote']

and Chelsea. That's right. When Jonathan Pearce recently recounted a Chelsea line-up from 1993, Dow was the only person he couldn't remember. Gavin Peacock put him straight tho "Came down from Scotland, lovely lad......"

In the 70s Aberdeen had Martin Buchan's younger brother, George, on the books. He played a few first team games, but never really made it. I've a feeling he followed his big brother to Manchester United, with no success. They also had Jamie Buchan (Martin's son) recently.

They also signed Tommy Craig's little brother John (and the latter's son, Michael). And Jimmy 'Jinky' Smith's brother, Joe, who played quite a lot of first-team games.

Having also signed Jim Bett's two sons, it seems the Dons have 'kept it in the family' quite often.

I wouldn't mind Simeone and Fillipo Inzaghi coming to play for Liverpool... I'm pretty sure they played together for some ringdog Italian team in the mid '90s...

And for Celtic, the 1st that comes to mind is the Jackie Mcnamara's, thougth that's father and son, not brothers with really unimaginative parents.

Derek Ferguson' date=' older brother of Barry played for the mighty JTs in the 90s. Not my team, but John Sutton's playing (badly by all accounts) for Dundee at the moment.[/quote']

He's not doing that bad, set up the equalizer on sat against the dons

Only memory of andy dow I have is when he got booked for deliberate handball, he picked the ball up before it went out of play which was funny

the inzaghi brothers are awful! Filippo clearly hasnt grasped the idea of staying onside' date=' and the less said about Simone the better!

Lazio were only too happy to get rid of him, and they are awful![/quote']

Well Fillipo does have a goal in every 2 games in Serie A so I guess he is shit ;)