aberdeen-music

Yesterday's football scores..

Guest neil ex

Guest neil ex

Aberdeen 1-1 Dundee

Hearts 3-1 Livingstone

Dunfermline 1-4 Hibernian

Dundee United 2-3 Celtic

Disappointing result for Aberdeen, and we've got Ross P's beloved Caley Thistle at Inverness next week.. :help:

Motherwell are 3-1 down against Rangers right now, and they've no chance of getting back in it because Mike 'bastard' McCurry is the referee.. :swearing:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Dunfermline 1-4 Hibernian

Listening to the second half of that game became a hideous, berserk nightmare. 1-0 up and coasting it and we caved in like a house of cards. Disgraceful stuff, and Davie Hay really needs to read the riot act. We've an injury list the length of your arm so it's time to roll up the sleeves, dig in and fight like fuck. I don't want us to be going to toilets like Love Street next season, especially if F****** get promoted. Us going down and THEM going up would have a drastic impact on my mental health. There are times when you hate the beautiful game.

Fuck, it's Livingston in a fortnight and I'm shitting it already.

Guest Ancient Mariner
who saw Whelan's goal? WOW

The guy next to me said "oh dinnae shoot, dinnae.......WHAT A GOAL!". When we were 1-0 up, I heard Hibs were 1-0 down, and I thought "dare I dream? 5 points ahead?", and then it all went a bit Pete Tong.

because Mike 'bastard' McCurry is the referee.. :swearing:

Hahaha - believe it or not I've heard he's a nice guy. My sister's doing a project for 4th year sports science at glasgow uni on referee's fitness and he's been helping her group out.

I think I'm gonna get a pro McCurry thing going on here - avatar etc., wear SFA referee costume in Exodus etc. Dallas ain't gettin it all his own way! :D

cambridge have won 3 out of 5 but were still bottom of the league mind....

but we do have titus bramble's brother and iwan roberts upfront and at last we're scoring goals...

isnt it typical though we sold one of our donkey strikers to boston for a packet of crisps and a scotch egg and he goes and scores twice on his debut! still bramble jnr couldnt score for southend but has got 2 in 2 for us and saturdays goal was as john motson would describe 'a 40 yard screamer'

and we've signed a northern ireland international on loan, dont think he'll be casuing england too many probs on saturday if he plays mind.

ah yes things can only get better....

Guest stuartmaxwell

another solid 2-0 victory against queens park. it appears monttrose have turned the corner.

delighted.

who would???martin wood a=on the scoresheet again.

mopntrose for promotion next year :)

Guest neil ex
Hahaha - believe it or not I've heard he's a nice guy. My sister's doing a project for 4th year sports science at glasgow uni on referee's fitness and he's been helping her group out.

I think I'm gonna get a pro McCurry thing going on here - avatar etc.' date=' wear SFA referee costume in Exodus etc. Dallas ain't gettin it all his own way! :D[/quote']

Haha, you'd better not! :swearing:

Whelans goal was ace, but the dundee goal, well, worst. goal. ever.

Dissapointing that hibs won as well, my cousin who's a dunfermline fan sent me a message when they scored, and in the second half i was joping no news was good news, until i heard the score :down: . A bit worrying theat riorden is back on form.

Guest Scorge Spike

Another Saturday at Firhill, another gutless fucking 0-0 draw against St Mirren. Still five points from safety and we're fast running out of games. It's a nightmare........

with you there mate, six points from safety, the penultimate game of the season against the equally hapless rushden and diamonds is looking like it could be the biggest game for the club since we nearly made the inaugral season of the premiership in 1992 (this is true btw)

Guest Scorge Spike
with you there mate' date=' six points from safety, the penultimate game of the season against the equally hapless rushden and diamonds is looking like it could be the biggest game for the club since we nearly made the inaugral season of the premiership in 1992 (this is true btw)[/quote']

I actually had to check www.soccerbase.com just to make sure that was true. ;)

fair enough no-one ever believes me when i say we made the play offs in the old second division in the 1991-92 season! we were actually top of the league for six weeks in the autumn that year before getting well and truly gubbed 5-0 by leicester, still as 5-0 scorelines go they were very lucky!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
still as 5-0 scorelines go they were very lucky!

Sounds like the Tom Hendrie school of management, i.e. steadfast refusal to give even a shred of credit to the team that just cuffed you. A few gems from Tom's St. Mirren days:

Chick Young: "So Tom, 7-1 defeat at Ibrox, Kenny Miller scored 5, a bad day for St. Mirren football club?"

Tom Hendrie: "I thought we played quite well..........."

And after a 5-1 home defeat by F******,

"They were five breakaways, we were always on top of them"

The stuff of legend.

Guest Ancient Mariner
And after a 5-1 home defeat by F******' date='[/quote']

Why the hatred of FALKIRK? Based on my shaky geographical knowledge of the Kingdom of Fife, I would have thought Raith would have been the local rivals, at least for Falkirk themselves

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Why the hatred of F******? Based on my shaky geographical knowledge of the Kingdom of Fife' date=' I would have thought Raith would have been the local rivals, at least for Falkirk themselves[/quote']

We've never had a problem with the Wee Team (Raith). They hate us, we don't hate them. The F****** thing stretches back over 30 years, and seriously went into overdrive when they (their "great fans", according to Alex Totten) laughed at the deaths of Gary Riddell and Norrie McCathie. Hope that helps.

Sounds like the Tom Hendrie school of management' date=' i.e. steadfast refusal to give even a shred of credit to the team that just cuffed you. A few gems from Tom's St. Mirren days:

Chick Young: "So Tom, 7-1 defeat at Ibrox, Kenny Miller scored 5, a bad day for St. Mirren football club?"

Tom Hendrie: "I thought we played quite well..........."

And after a 5-1 home defeat by F******,

"They were five breakaways, we were always on top of them"

The stuff of legend.[/quote']

what happened was they were 1-0 up in the first half against the run of play, we were pressing for an equalizer, got a man sent off in very controversial circumstances and they scored from the resulting free kick - no return from that.

i could also tell you about our unlucky 6-0 defeat against brentford in 1995...

fuck it, its just sour grapes really :cheers:

Guest Ancient Mariner
We've never had a problem with the Wee Team (Raith). They hate us' date=' we don't hate them. The F****** thing stretches back over 30 years, and seriously went into overdrive when they (their "great fans", according to Alex Totten) laughed at the deaths of Gary Riddell and Norrie McCathie. Hope that helps.[/quote']

That's fair enough. I just thought it was a diamond place because the great Arab Strap come from there, they regularly elect one of the most left-wing MPs in Britain, and my dad found his first professional employment there. Every place hs it's cunts, I suppose

Guest Ancient Mariner
what happened was they were 1-0 up in the first half against the run of play' date=' we were pressing for an equalizer, got a man sent off in very controversial circumstances and they scored from the resulting free kick - no return from that.

i could also tell you about our unlucky 6-0 defeat against brentford in 1995...

fuck it, its just sour grapes really :cheers:[/quote']

I imagine your promotion to the Premiership was thanks to one particular player, who shares his name with a popular city for stag nights.....

....no not Justin Edinburgh

Guest Jake Wifebeater
That's fair enough. I just thought it was a diamond place because the great Arab Strap come from there' date=' they regularly elect one of the most left-wing MPs in Britain, and my dad found his first professional employment there. Every place hs it's cunts, I suppose[/quote']

Yeah, Dennis Canavan, isn't it? Ex-Labour, stands as an independent? Every place does have it's cunts, but also it's gold. Football rivalry's not exactly known for rationality.

I imagine your promotion to the Premiership was thanks to one particular player' date=' who shares his name with a popular city for stag nights.....

....no not Justin Edinburgh[/quote']

well he did have an awful lot to do with our success (not justin edinburgh btw) but he wouldnt have been as effective without strike partner john taylor, it was also the long ball game john beck used - other teams just couldnt cope - shite to watch at times but hey we werent giving a toss!