aberdeen-music

It fucking sucks that asian cinema is trendy now.

Afro Droid

Because any old shite is 'critically aclaimed' now ('Phone'' date=' 'Tale of Two Sisters')

And there are the shit yank re-makes.

I weep.[/quote']

So? It just takes a bit more effort to find a good one these days. At least it doesn't take as much of a herculean effort as finding a good film from the UK or USA... Plus it's great that you can get these films without needing to resort to dodgy Hong Kong pirates.

The shit yank remakes piss me off too, though. Solidarity on that one ;)

i know how you feel, its pains to me see these crappy remakes, i hate when yankes do that. they steel old films from other countrys remake them and what even more worse than that is when they change the story line or the characters or the plott i despise it so much. Also the worse thingd they can do is make a sequel or even more worse a trillogy aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Guest Logan

I'm not really miffed either way. If Asian films are becoming the "in" thing, then that means more of a chance for seeing these movies in cinemas and also on DVD's. Rather than having to get them the hard way.

I've been a fan of asian films since seeing them on Channel 4 years and years back when they used to show good ones nearly every night. Now asian films do seem to be more Americanised these days, but that can actually be a good thing. The Returner for example was like The Matrix with a Time Machine and I fucking loved it! The Action in it was just amazing and it had a great story with characters you're in awe of. And also the epic Hero which was made with the American audience in mind. And it's definitely a classic piece of cinema.

I guess it's understandable that people who feel like they're the only ones that like asian cinema to suddenly be swarmed with everyone saying "wow, I loved Ring and Dark Water etc."

And as for the remakes, well I'm all for it. If these people see say The Ring and think 'this is really great, I have to see the original'. Then that's a good thing. That means more people get into asian cinema, and they get more money to make more and better films! So why complain?

Next asian DVD to purchase: Casshern! Most definitely my thing! ^_^

i know how you feel' date=' its pains to me see these crappy remakes, i hate when yankes do that. they steel old films from other countrys remake them and what even more worse than that is when they change the story line or the characters or the plott i despise it so much. Also the worse thingd they can do is make a sequel or even more worse a trillogy aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh[/quote']

And comedy shows, like Men Behaving Badly, Red Dwarf etc etc... Bets their version of the Office will suck. Did you ever see Rosanne when Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumly were in it doing Ab Fab? Rosanne tried to play up to it and was pityful. The audience lapped it up of course...

I dont see the big deal at all to be honest. So what if a crappy remake occurs? The original is still in tact and is exactly the same. Just dont watch the remake if it bothers you that much.

I think its great that asian cinema is becoming more popular, films like oldboy would be much harder to see/ buy if it wasn't.

Guest Logan
Old Boy was great' date=' tres fucked up.

Logan - I liked The Returner too, I thought I was alone.[/quote']

If you liked The Returner, check out Casshern. I'm sure that'll be even better!!

As for Versus, that was the strangest film I've ever seen! I had no idea wtf was going on. I thought it was balls, but after a while you kind of get into it. And the fight scenes are just awesome!! Puts some Sentai shows to shame!