aberdeen-music

macrocosmic at the tunnels tonight: questions!

christ' date=' just listened to some mp3s of them i had lying about. i can't believe i haven't been to see them yet. hope they are on quite late.[/quote']

Dooofusss!

One of the best acts I have seen (and the nicest people as well) at Drake's... ever... Couldn't make it tonight but I do hope they lifted the roof, bit of a task in the Tunnels but I'm sure they were up for it.

I'm now really pissed off I couldn't go!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr! Album launch next though so they will return!

FUCKIN IMMENSE!

:D:up:

yeah, i took me and my immaculate timing to the gig, they donned the stage 3 minutes after i entered. they were even better than i expected, and i expected a lot. i bought the old cd, and talking to the guitarist (not main singer one), discovered all the stuff about the new record is due soon! good stuff! looking forward to hearing it... the gig was a bit weird though, tunnels and all... i thought the sound was good, but just needed more people, and less tables (honest, i wanted to stand!) so that the volume could be cranked up.. i wish i'd seen them in drakes, but i'm also hoping i'll see them in kef or drummonds or similar, or maybe somewhere in glasgow.. they deserve big sound.

11-12

yeah' date=' i took me and my immaculate timing to the gig, they donned the stage 3 minutes after i entered. they were even better than i expected, and i expected a lot. i bought the old cd, and talking to the guitarist (not main singer one), discovered all the stuff about the new record is due soon! good stuff! looking forward to hearing it... the gig was a bit weird though, tunnels and all... i thought the sound was good, but just needed more people, and less tables (honest, i wanted to stand!) so that the volume could be cranked up.. i wish i'd seen them in drakes, but i'm also hoping i'll see them in kef or drummonds or similar, or maybe somewhere in glasgow.. they deserve big sound.[/quote']

They need and use that extra coupla notches on the sound desk!

Guest Ancient Mariner
so that the volume could be cranked up.

Sitting next to the stage, as I was, I'm thoroughly relieved that it wasn't!

While watching the Jinx, I thought to myself: "Has there ever been a local bands gig where the fucking words were audible rather than the fucking drums?" I wonder.

Guest stuartmaxwell

macrocosmica fucking rocked in stereo tonuight

keith the drummer used to be in bangtwister too did he not??

i heard brendan got the chop fae mogwai cos he smashed a chair over braithwaites head :)

Guest stuartmaxwell
what is it you dislike so much about kef? is it the venue? the promoter? the staff? or all of the aforementioned?

everytime i go to a gig there the sound seems to be awful and sets are always being chopped. i think the layout isnt really right for gigs

as for the promoter, i have heard stories of (all local) sell out ep launches and the band coming away with only 30. which, if true, is fucking shocking.

the staff seem nice though

Hey! The flyer said "former members of Teenage Fanclub and Mogwai". The worse case of fradulent advertising since Average White Band

brendan o hare the singer and guitarist was in teenage fanclub and mogwai. he also took the cover photo for young team and was sacked from mogwai for talking during an arab strap gig. so the legend goes anyhow.

brendan o hare the singer and guitarist was in teenage fanclub and mogwai. he also took the cover photo for young team and was sacked from mogwai for talking during an arab strap gig. so the legend goes anyhow.

That would be brilliant reason. I remember a number of annoying twats talking through their set at Kef a couple of years ago.