aberdeen-music

So, who's coming to the Moorings tomorrow?

Doc Ascension

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hog sang to me last night. True story.

I had a jolly good time :laughing:

Weeping Jesus put on a good show. Although Richard seemed really nervous. I'm not much of a metal fan, but that I can deal with. Fine opener.

Shatterhand were also pretty good. Nice band chemistry and a good bunch of songs. I always like an energetic performance. Plus they're gonna vote Claire and Amy in the general election. Nice.

Dirtbox... always a pleasure. Not much to add to what Flash said. I always have the best of fun when they're up. Newer songs are sounding great, looking forward to the next recording. Come see them with PMX, Quik and At Long Last on April 17th at Moshulu!

I missed Ascension though. I was looking forward to seeing them but it was either get a taxi with s I can't afford to spend or get an early lift. Affa disappointed. Shall make a greater effort next time.

Weeping Jesus- Not my sorta thing. didn't like the vocals really

Shatterhand- Second rate Hot Water Music, guitar was far too tinny. i hate over trebley guitar sounds, their songs were catchy tho.

Dirtbox- saw them at kef a while back, wasn't impressed. last night however they were ace, great sound, catchy tunes etc. don't like the faux american singing voices tho

i didn't stay for Ascension, needed to go chill out with the boys. was a good night tho

:D

I can't comment much on the two punk bands because I never listen to punk so don't have any constructive criticism for them. Probably both were decent at what they do but as I don't know what they're meant to be doing/ achieving then I'll leave it at that.

Ascension: Pretty good. I heard Gregor play before from the Metal Militia days so knew of his talent in advance. Some good riffs too. Other guitarist with the warlock was pretty good too. I kinda tired of the 80's-ness of it lol! It seemed like I could sing Judas Priest perfectly over it. But good again for what it was.

Weeping Jesus: I will probably be biased as this is my sorta thing! Some playing is a bit loose at times but if it's going to stay as an intentional trait then it's all good. I wish they had a longer set as they (if not rated highly thus far) will be a good band soon enough. There isn't much stuff that the growly vocals Richard provides would work in but I think that what is backing him suits very well. Very syncopated at times (with one of the choruses I thought he was non-deliberately off but doing the same each chorus showed me otherwise) and holding it well when coming out of syncopation showed you guys can handle the changes well enough.

All in all, I'm a metal person and like it heavier so would say for my preference of bands from last night (playing, not JUST genre), I'd go :-

Weeping Jesus

Ascension

Shatterhand

Dirt Box

James

I can hardly remember a thing' date=' I was minced. I remember meeting Milner, chatting briefly to Amy, noticing that Bob looks smaller in real life than I thought he did and Scourge giving it welly on the drums. Cant really remember leaving[/quote']

Hog, I have only one thing to say to you...

STOP USING THE MOORINGS TO TRY AND GET LAID!

That was my girlfriend you were winking at and eying up while we were on stage!!! hehehe ! :D

Guest Scorge Spike
I believe it to be Tuesday 12th April but nothing etched in stone yet!

If I can get the day off work you can tell Stew to confirm it.

This will probably be the only gig we do before we take a hiatus and start laying some tracks down on a recorded medium, so I would recommend anyone curious about us endeavour to attend this one.