aberdeen-music

Atom covers

Gumpy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, there might exist a recording somewhere of us doing the Brave, did we actually play it live? God, i can't even remember. I think we probably recorded it at some point in practice but that'll be hidden away somewhere on a random mini-disc. As for Hangar 18... that would be awesome - 27 guitar solo's anyone? hehehe

Yeah, we did the Brave live a couple of times i think, i remember fucking bits up left right and center.

As for Virus, there will no doubt be a Minidisc of it somewhere, tho whether we want you to hear it or not is another matter. ;)

No being much of a Megadeth fan (yeah, yeah, i know..) i've just given this hanger number XVIII a listen..... lucky dan knows all the solos eh! ;)

Guest Bob Double Jack
2112 by Rush

I don't think that song is long enough or complicated enough for Atom!!!! :D

I'd like to see Atom cover a Double JAck tune, and us to cover an Atom tune

Yeah' date=' we did the Brave live a couple of times i think, i remember fucking bits up left right and center.

As for Virus, there will no doubt be a Minidisc of it somewhere, tho whether we want you to hear it or not is another matter. ;)[/quote']

There is no recording of us playing Virus... those were the days before my minidisc and subsequent bootlegging-mania. I don't have a recording of us playing the Brave at a gig, but I do have a version somewhere of it in practise. If I can ever be arsed I might compile a Black Atom covers album, with all the songs we've ever borrowed on it... I certainly have recordings of Feed My Frankenstein, Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter, The Trooper (obviously), maybe pain for pleasure aswell somewhere. Can't even remember what else we have covered...

Just for Joe, other songs we have done include.....

*Pretty Fly for a White Guy

*The Kids Arent Alright

*Basket Case

*"All by myself" (green day hidden track, think it was in a medly when we played it, cant remember the rest)

*Henry's Cat theme

*King Nothing/Sad But True/Enter Sandman (aka Metallica Medly)

*Once jammed onstage (poll:ution3) - Battery, Master of Puppets , Fear of the Dark.

Most of that stuff was 'back in the day' and not worth mentioning really, we have attempted many more than that at practice (once again, in 'ye olde days') and given up before taking it to stage, i rememeber giving Afraid To Shoot Strangers by Maiden a shot at some point. and the first song we ever tried to learn together as a band (avec original drummer) was Inside by Stiltskin, never really got around to finishing it, some song called 'Loathe' got in the way....

We only played Basket Case in practise... we would have played it in Montrose if they hadn't cancelled our gig 3 hours before we were due to turn up ;)

Did we really play all by myself? I remember Mac used to play it, I don't remember us playing it.

And I believe you have failed to mention our closing number at our very first gig, I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by a certain pair of C. Reids.

We played Basket case at macs 18(?)th in Marykirk a thankyouverymuch...

And yeah, all by myself was in a medly with something, i have a sneaky suspicion it might of been henry's cat...

Just to get right down into the pointless shite, dont forget the Shaggy Medly that len did at Drakes Dungeon once.... and your Cpt. Birdseye song, although not a cover.

We played Basket case at macs 18(?)th in Marykirk a thankyouverymuch...

And yeah' date=' all by myself was in a medly with something, i have a sneaky suspicion it might of been henry's cat...

Just to get right down into the pointless shite, dont forget the Shaggy Medly that len did at Drakes Dungeon once.... and your Cpt. Birdseye song, although not a cover.[/quote']

I stand corrected. I have the shaggy medley on a disc somewhere I think... and did we really play the Captain Birdseye song? I don't remember that.

Shaggy medleys (that never happened) aside, I like to do Overture, Hell's Kitchen or something off Damnation by Opeth, Windowpane maybe?

If we ever cover Overture or Hell's Kitchen, I want Gareth Gu on vocals.

Songs I would rather never hear or play include anything on Disc One of The Glorious Burden or Loch Ness, on Judas Priest's new album (thanks for the tip - off, Joe!)