aberdeen-music

This thread should be closed already.

Guest AmbientMood

Guest AmbientMood

Just for the record, I've been more impressed watching a German WWII veteran play immensely irritating songs on the accordian than some of the dump I've seen at Kef. Like last night, which sucked ass.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this thread was a success. It gave you reason to post' date=' therefore to me (granted we are both anonymous and faceless to each other) gave you reason to exist , by prompting a reply from me and three minutes (..make that two) of my time.

I'd rather sit here getting fat than support the bullshit scene I know you're talking about. You wouldn't walk past me in Moshulu because I would'nt go there. I think there are too many losers, hence me wondering whether you're just pissed off because I insulted 'Chimaira.'[/quote']

well if you dont liek the fucking scene,GET OFF THE FUCKING SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!.

and yes we aint got a great scene,but it could be if people would support each other,you probably bad mouth local bands and you have never seen them play.So what gig did you go see that was so bad?.

To be honest you dont go to moshulu,cause people would see you standing on your own like a wanker.that is if were being honest.I dnt even like *chimaira*,im into dashboard confessional and fight star.

Taylor

I'll tell you what else is piss-poor: U2

Nobody actually likes U2.

Fraid I do... Im doing well... first it was Hootie and the Blowfish... and now... U2... But ah well! Its my CD player, and my ears... so Ill take the risk!

Another 'i hate the sce' 'i hate these boards' 'nothing interesting goes on here' posts... one that gets everyone riled up, and doesn't change very much! The forums allow people to talk about whatever they want to talk about, at whatever time they feel like talking about it... If they feel like writing things which could be considered dull... then thats just the way it goes...

I agree with the above post... although, I think most of the subscribers on here, are not the most ardent fans of the actual music scene, but more just have friends who do... Have you tried Granitecity.org?? :cheers:

Fraid I do... Im doing well... first it was Hootie and the Blowfish... and now... U2... But ah well! Its my CD player' date=' and my ears... so Ill take the risk!

[/quote']

What era though dammit, what era? If you like Achtung Baby onwards then scene point removed!

Hmm.. My preference would be to the Joshua Tree era. Achtung baby had about 3 good songs on it' date=' and I can name another two since that point that I could probably listen to quite happily... but definitely before Achtung Baby.[/quote']

Scene point added! Achtung Baby is vastly overrated.

Guest Ancient Mariner
Scene point added! Achtung Baby is vastly overrated.

The defense of Achtung Baby starts here. It's what a rock album should be: sexy, heavy, dark, trippy, YET it doesn't sound like any other rock album before it or since. It's not immediately obvious, but it's as love-obsessed as any album ever, and is a superb dissection of a relationship between love and hate. The ZOO TV tour was also the most powerful rock show imaginable,a SHOW rather than a mere concert

Guest AmbientMood

To be honest you dont go to moshulu' date='cause people would see you standing on your own like a wanker.that is if were being honest.I dnt even like *chimaira*,im into dashboard confessional and fight star.

[/quote']

Since when did was it 'wankers' that stood alone? Its more usual that the 'wankers' are surrounded by other 'wankers.' It could be I'm standing alone because I'm misunderstood and nobody has taken the time to get to know me and decided otherwise to judge and categorise me. Maybe that's why I don't go to Moshulu when I'm on a night out...

..or maybe because it's full of munters...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
It could be I'm standing alone because I'm misunderstood and nobody has taken the time to get to know me and decided otherwise to judge and categorise me.

Do you happen to keep a journal, perchance?

It could be I'm standing alone because I'm misunderstood and nobody has taken the time to get to know me and decided otherwise to judge and categorise me.

you could well be right...but most likely its cause your a wanker.Maybe your mistaking the women in moshulu for being munters,just to cover up your bad looks.Who knows??????

To be honest don't really look at the women,as i have a girlfriend.So whats the gig you plan on going to?..or you just going to download song live vids of net,turn the lights of and call yourself a music fan?

Hey thats really good OR you could just maybe get out the house' date='go to some local shows,support the scene (aberdeen-music.com,this is the site your on) and not have to wait for someone to post some text,to excite you.If all this was doen,you could be another name with a face.

But hey,it was just a suggestion.I'll prob walk past you in moshulu,and not have a clue who you are.

Taylor XXX[/quote']

utter rubbish. try again.

Guest AmbientMood
Do you happen to keep a journal' date=' perchance?[/quote']

Yes, I keep five, and I write tragic poetry also, of the love between two people that are still stuck in a teenage phase they just can't grow out of. Sadly, because of their confused minds and their false notions of invincibilty from the real world, everybody with a functioning brains begins to set themselves apart from the lovers. The lovers stoop as humans to a dark den that is frequently attended by other creatures of humorous 'character.' Here this sense of invulnerability is encouraged, along with a desire to not acknowledge the real people; then to complain when this selfish act of isolation is brought into question. Who am I talking about??

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

Thats right: Chuck Norris! Well Done!

ahem' date=' there's more westhill types than that on here..there's at least another 5 i know of (including moi)..[/quote']

OK, I'll take back the intellectual bit!

Yeah there's Demon of the Fall, Dayeth(?) etc. as well.

You don't stay here anymore though, do you, Cloud?

Guest AmbientMood
download song live vids of net' date='turn the lights of and call yourself a music fan?[/quote']

Man, if I had broadband...

Contrary to popular belief, it's not actually necessary to attend lots of shit gigs to call yourself a music fan (I know! Crazy!). I think this is covered in rule 7628.

westhill is a shithole' date=' and i cant wait to move out[/quote']

I've got another few years yet.

However, in a few weeks, I will be shot of a large proportion of the dickheads at school as they go on their merry way. Into the real world. They're away to get a shock.

The guy round the corner from me would appear to have had his house raided by a drugs squad the other day. Provided some entertainment since he's a prick.