aberdeen-music

Tsunami/Band Aid Show - Urgent

jester1470

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First things first : All credit to Stuart and Ross for going ahead with this in the face of adversity and making it a complete success. I enjoyed the entire night, and everything fell into place just beautifully.

Baby Karma : Emma is scarily good without her guitar, it took a couple of songs to get used to her without it..but really, this felt like five very good musicians coming together and creating the foundations of what could be something very good indeed. Oh, and I have Because stuck in my head now :p

Mind Gone Blind : A pleasant surprise, what more can be said? I was in all honesty expecting to completely hate them, but was left thinking "hmm, so what was that? it was pretty good..". A pub rock band, sure - but not a bad pub rock band by any stretch of the imagination :)

The X-Certs : More! THE PUBLIC DEMANDS MORE! ...or at least I do. Everyone singing along to Stay The Same, well..possibly the defining moment of the gig for me - and really, every time they come back, it's like they've never been away.

Stayover : Entertaining as fuck - and most importantly? they looked like they're having so much fun up there - and well, special mention to Tina Turner :p

Onion Terror : :laughing: Just plain hilarious in a great way - got people bouncing, got the bits of covers spot on, just set the scene for what it was - a good time :)

Black Atom : I imagine Rachie would say something like "I <3 Black Atom" - and hey, they deserve it :D They were the perfect closer to the night, and by the looks of things, they got people up for one last burst of energy :D

Guest tv tanned

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for my absence.

We ended up having friends from when we were at uni come through to visit so we went out for a meal, then took them to The Bassment, did venture to them about moving to Moshulu for the gig, but we were busy catching up.

Sorry folks :(

Guest DustyDeviada
I couldn't get over how tiny Emma really is.

Yep, it probably doesn't help to have a great big lanky guy like me standing next to her on stage though.

It was a brilliant night, although i was dissappointed at the lack of 'scensters/usualy gig-goers' there, however there were alot of people there i'd never seen before which was good.

Baby Karma - I found them abit boring actually, no doubt they are good musicians but I found Emma's voice abit weak for the song, which is fair enough since they were probably learned in like 2 practices.

Mind Gone Blank - I really thought their set dragged.

X-certs - Fuck me. They were awesome, even with a lack of 80s covers. They just get better and better every time i see them. I think it's safe to say that NO OTHER BAND in Aberdeen could get pretty much the whole crowd singing along and clapping straight away like they did.

Stayover - Very entertaining, and I think they were about the only band that mentioned what the gig was really all about, and they were really in the spirit of things which was awesome. Bring on the Sluts..hahah i loved it.

Onion Terror - Good set, I liked the 'medley' idea, ok they were very tight and stuff but they still entertained very well and i think they were awesome for the nature of the gig.

Black Atom - Only saw the first two songs, and i have to say - loved the outfits. They soundedgood but i had to get my bus :( was abit dissappointed to not see their set, but i'm sure they were ace too.

A fucking awesome night, cheers to Ross and Stuart for putting it on.

Babykarma-They were good but like what everyone else said, didn't think Emma's voice was fitting for the songs.

Mind Gone Blind-Just seemed like a pub band to me, their cover of boys of summer(or whatever it is called) was good but own material was quite bland.

X-Certs-"add additional generic fan comment" seriously though, good set but quite dissapointed they hadn't learn any 80's covers.

Onion Terror- Wasn't their best gig and was hard to know when to cheer or applaud them but the covers were good. Got that bloody Duran Duran song in my head now grr...

Stayover- Nice set, guitar sound was a bit dodgy but Bring on The Sluts being played=happy crowd.

Black Atom-Great set "breaking law" done sweetly metal style and Empty Sky being played for first time in donkeys made my night:)

Great night overall. How much more did Moshulu make than the Music Hall 1000 or something?

According to the Press today:

The Music Hall raised 10' date='000 and had 600 people.

[/quote']

WTF? Hahaha. No.

Needless to say last night was a kabillion times better. There was an usually nice atmosphere the whole evening, and glad to see so many people had their dancing shoes on.

Baby Karma - nae too bad. Their debut gig? There's potential. But not my scene. I thought Emma was trying a bit too hard with her singing. Nice dancing though :)

Mind Gone Blind - Boys Of Summer was probably my favourite cover of the evening, nice choice. Good for the gig but not entirely sure I'll be rushing out to see them again.

The X-certs - Like, omg, the 3 of them there brining the rock. Not too bad for one practice. I Hate the Way You Dance and The Darker Ages were highlights. And the sing-a-long, always makes me go all fuzzy inside... no?

Stayover - all the fan girls at the front are great for constantly showing up with so much support. Credit goes to them. Nice set. Dan starting off Girls Just Wanna Have fun, that was amusing. And Bring on the Sluts, it's been a while! Good stuff.

Onion Terror - pretty much their sloppiest set but clearly still entertaining. I wouldn't be judging them on that performance if you hadn't seen them before / in a long time (unless you enjoyed it, yes please do judge). Going in to Rock Me Amadeus.. thought I was gonna pee my pants.

Black Atom - fantastic opening sequence. Nice to see some accessories and stuff! Empty Sky, that's like the only Atom song I know, so that was nice to hear. But I went for the bus not long after that. :down:

So yes, good job. Thoroughly enjoyed myself.