aberdeen-music

Tsunami/Band Aid Show - Urgent

jester1470

If you update the baby karma website before the gig it might be worth adding it to the site. If someone designs a poster(should point out it would have to black and white because the colour copies are a bit pricey for me to afford...being poor student and all :rolleyes: ) I can get some copies made at uni' date=' and I'm happy to put them up in the music shops etc[/quote']

I probably wont have time to do a full website update before the gig, and i think that the poster thing is a good idea, but lets wait until afterthe meeting tonight to see if it is actually happening,

Cheers

Stuart

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone designs a poster(should point out it would have to black and white because the colour copies are a bit pricey for me to afford...being poor student and all :rolleyes: ) I can get some copies made at uni' date=' and I'm happy to put them up in the music shops etc[/quote']

Same here, I can get them put up in Marischal college too, possibly the Medical school (if I can get up there) and also the Old Fire Station Student Accomodation.

I guess it all depends on if this is going ahead or not.

I do find it upsetting that the Fudge Awards at the same ticket price can sell hundreds of tickets yet the scene can't get up and support a worthwhile cause with some of Aberdeens finest bands, where was the advertsising for the Fudge awards ? we've certainly covered more than they have, its sad that no-one can be bothered.

Cheers

Stuart

There were posters up for the Fudge Awards... and there was of course the word of mouth promotion too since everyone really just knew they were on.

Gar. I dunno. I'm sure that alot of people would turn up for this, I guess there seems to be alot of folk planning to buy tickets at the door - it was the same for Fudge in fact...

Guest stuartmaxwell
I do find it upsetting that the Fudge Awards at the same ticket price can sell hundreds of tickets yet the scene can't get up and support a worthwhile cause with some of Aberdeens finest bands' date=' where was the advertsising for the Fudge awards ? we've certainly covered more than they have, its sad that no-one can be bothered.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

i wouldnt bother going down that route matey...

the fudge awards is an annual event that has taken place for years running, it has a history of being a great (piss up) night out, people go because not only is it a laugh and we watch local rockstars get their mojos stolen, it is a tradition. i also seen a fair bit of advertising for the fudge awards, plus the bands were incredible.

perhaps you should be concentrating your worries on this show??maybe you should be asking yourselves questions instead of others?

1) why arent there any out of town bands on this bill to complement the "aberdeens finest" , to help pull a crowd. it aint difficult to get good bands to play in a venue if you can plus im sure with your contacts stuart you could have gotten something sorted.

2) why has there been no posters, again this can be done for free. if someone had asked me i could have gotten full colour ones printed at my work for the cost of post. email info@whitesparkpromotions.com for my mate eggy, he will prob do em for free.

3) have you made up sample cds of all of the bands an dished them out in one up and various venues etc? im sure a duplication company could help you out since its for a good cause

4) maybe no one can be bothered because a) its on a sunday night, b) they dont like most of the bands, c) they dislike 80s music, d) they have given/supported another tsunami fund elsewhere, e) because it costs a lot of money

just a thought...

i wouldnt bother going down that route matey...

the fudge awards is an annual event that has taken place for years running' date=' it has a history of being a great (piss up) night out, people go because not only is it a laugh and we watch local rockstars get their mojos stolen, it is a tradition. i also seen a fair bit of advertising for the fudge awards, plus the bands were incredible.

perhaps you should be concentrating your worries on this show??maybe you should be asking yourselves questions instead of others?

1) why arent there any out of town bands on this bill to complement the "aberdeens finest" , to help pull a crowd. it aint difficult to get good bands to play in a venue if you can plus im sure with your contacts stuart you could have gotten something sorted.

2) why has there been no posters, again this can be done for free. if someone had asked me i could have gotten full colour ones printed at my work for the cost of post. email [email']info@whitesparkpromotions.com for my mate eggy, he will prob do em for free.

3) have you made up sample cds of all of the bands an dished them out in one up and various venues etc? im sure a duplication company could help you out since its for a good cause

4) maybe no one can be bothered because a) its on a sunday night, b) they dont like most of the bands, c) they dislike 80s music, d) they have given/supported another tsunami fund elsewhere, e) because it costs a lot of money

just a thought...

Everyone was asked to volounteer from day 1, if you didn't volounteer then we would have assumed that you weren't interested, and with regards to the whole getting another band to play, you don't have a clue how much work both Ross and I put in trying to secure bigger bands to play. We both put a huge amount if work into this, its why we're reluctant to pull it.

I think it would be a real shame if this didnt go ahead and with the exception of a few other people I'm disappointed that people dont care enough, especially given the support when we discussed it that we were given.

Cheers

Stuart

ok been reading this thread with interest, look why doesnt everyone forget petty sqabbling, preaching the rights and wrongs of how to run a gig (cos their aint one) and just go along and support the event on sunday night? the promoters and certain persons have put in a lot of hard work so best just to get ur asses down their if you can, i'll be covering it in the paper this week including baby karma's first bit of press coverage. to me it looks like an interesting night which should be fun. organising a charity gig can be a nightmare (just ask patrick and betamax about the anti war gig a couple of years ago) due to the sheer amount of bands you have to try and nail (hell i used to have trouble booking three bands let alone over half a dozen in me past life as a failed promoter).

Guest stuartmaxwell

i didnt volunteer, i live in glasgow, i work full time down here. you probably didnt know that i can provide free print and stuff though...

what you will prob find is 50-70 people will turn upand pay on the night

afterthought - if fudge are such crowd pullers perhaps you should have got them to compere the night :)

4) maybe no one can be bothered because a) its on a sunday night' date=' b) they dont like most of the bands, c) they dislike 80s music, d) they have given/supported another tsunami fund elsewhere, e) because it costs a lot of money

just a thought...[/quote']

i think i fall into that category

sometimes its nice to belong

Guest Cowboy Dan

Maybe people just don't have any money, it's nearing the end of the month. My paycheque normally tends to last a week. I know if I was putting on a gig, I'd do it around the start of the month.

The gig looks good though. If I get money in time, I will go.