aberdeen-music

Tsunami/Band Aid Show - Urgent

jester1470

If that is the case and Tsunami aid is no longer accepting donations then that doesn't mean people shouldn't still support this gig. The famine in Ethiopia has been going on for over 20 years now and if anything is getting worse - a gig like this should have taken place ages ago, and not just once either.

Persevere guys, it would be a real shame to see this fall through. I'm sure that once confirmed as going ahead if everyone pulls together we could easily generate the interest for tickets that an event like this so deserves.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is the case and Tsunami aid is no longer accepting donations then that doesn't mean people shouldn't still support this gig. The famine in Ethiopia has been going on for over 20 years now and if anything is getting worse - a gig like this should have taken place ages ago' date=' and not just once either.

Persevere guys, it would be a real shame to see this fall through. I'm sure that once [b']confirmed as going ahead if everyone pulls together we could easily generate the interest for tickets that an event like this so deserves.

Yip totally agree with you there! Right on! :up:

And Stuart-I'm happy to help out with posters/flyers for the gig as well.

Perhaps the drop in support is because it's now 3 1/2 months since the disaster' date=' and peoples attention has moved on? Not having a go - I think it's great that you're all getting of your arses and doing something, but maybe some speedier organisation would have helped.[/quote']

Well the original plan was to have the gig a lot quicker and use a named band, but because we couldnt get a a named band as eveyone was doing some kind of tsunami thing, the format was changed and we went with a chance to showcase local bands and give them a chance to play one of aberdeen's finest venues.and for a good cause, it would be great if the bands that are going, could send me theirsets (only 3 have done so so far) and could start speaking to their fans via these boards, mailing lists whatever, to make this a success, we have newspaper coverage next week and hope that sales will come in then.

Cheers

Stuart

The final organisation meeting for this show, and the one where we will decide if it goes ahead will be taking place on Monday at about 6pm in the bassment. I hope some of you can make it, it would be good to ee Jamie who's brainchild this all was there and possibly TV Tanned if you could make it asyou were an important part in early days. Anyone who wants to lend a hand, comment etc please feel free to come to the bassment and find Ross, Cloud or myself and come along,

Cheers

Stuart

hey stuart' date='

what time is the meeting tonight for the gig? will try to make it along.

:cheers:[/quote']

oops didnt i mention it in my post, its 6pm, the more people who can make it the better, Del has kindly offered to do a piece for it on Thursday so there will be more press, i hopepeople bought tix and we can do this,

Cheres

Stuart

Buy tickets buy Buy tickets buy tickets buy tickets tickets buy tickets

nice line-up and should be a good gig' date=' but the advertising for this has been rubbish.[/quote']

it's been in the paper, it's going to be in again on Thursday, we approached the TV/Radio companies about doing a piece, just out of interest with no budget and no tickets being sold to give us a budget what do you think we could have done ?

Cheers

Stuart

it's been in the paper' date=' it's going to be in again on Thursday, we approached the TV/Radio companies about doing a piece, just out of interest with no budget and no tickets being sold to give us a budget what do you think we could have done ?

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

well, i really only know if a gig is on through posters, flyers and this website. i don't listen to the radio and very rarely read a newspaper that covers local gigs.

have any posters and flyers been put out?

Sometimes word of mouth is the best promotion you can get... if more people spread the word about this gig' date=' the more chance there is tickets will sell.

I'll try and make it along to the meeting tonight, I'll prod Cloud or something.[/color']

Stayover have done a great job in showing people tht word of mouth is the way forward, they're fans have been very supportive and i hope that all the other bands are followig suit, getting people to the gig for an important cause.

cheers

Stuart

If you update the baby karma website before the gig it might be worth adding it to the site. If someone designs a poster(should point out it would have to black and white because the colour copies are a bit pricey for me to afford...being poor student and all :rolleyes: ) I can get some copies made at uni, and I'm happy to put them up in the music shops etc