aberdeen-music

KEF 1st April

liamtw

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yawn

Come back at me when you say something that at least appears to be somewhere near facts, and the drink is still there, I'll purchase it in the hopes you've the balls to turn up. :D

Take care,

Bobbie

Manager

IDENTITY

http://myidentity.moonfruit.com

"Look bottom line is' date=' your opinion is but one in a small minority compared to the many who make positive comments daily."

[b']is that on your message board? good luck. the general concesnsus is your band are wank, there is a thing called a music scene outwith your sodding website

Fair do, the band and my management of it are not your cuppa, we get your goat, raise your hackles and cause you to do more hanging out here than having a natural course to life. :laughing:

hmm you are not the sole reason why i use this website frequently.

Not being astute? :laughing:

this is quite obvious

Rent a crowd mates? :laughing:

again this is very obvious. any local band you see will have rent a crowd mates. some dont care, some like yourselves regard them as fans.

Boy ya got it bad against us, to the point your imagination is getting away from ya. :D

yes. i dont like your band. i dont like hearing about your band.

Never mind, been there, got the film rights, know the score.8)

I could understand if you've been creative with your attacks.

i *could* be creative. what does it solve though?

Even if you've the inside track to what is actually going on with our band to base your opine upon, I could understand your antagonism. But, I wouldn't say you took the cake; you took the whole shop with this post, I mean really.....presumptuous or what? :jester:

i dont know why i am bothering to do this....azzzzz

I enjoy fishing, good past time really when your in the need for some meat.

2/10

However................if you think I'm some bimbo :stupid: , well your visit to KEF should be very interesting. Let's sit down over a beer and get to the sticks and stones of the issue you so obviously have with the band and those tied to it.

I'll even pay! :cheers:

ive never been known to turn down a free drink. i doubt ill be at kef though, the line up sucks and the venue aint much better. maybe ill see you elsewhere

So, until next time we have a lil tte - - tte, perhaps you could read this book:

Humour Therapy by Branko Bokun

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/thursday.handleigh/various/happiness-humour/humour-therapy.htm

im a barrell of laughs anyway, :)

Until that time, take care of yourself,

Bobbie

Manager

IDENTITY

you too

Stuart

aberdeen-music.com

www.aberdeen-music.com

Perhaps because people actually want to hear the band more often?

Its not like the chasing is being done from the bands part or my part. :O

On the issue you brought forth:

If the "local" band are good' date=' I'd see them, local or not. It doesn't figure into my mindset to think "how many times" they've played. Why would it? They are playing. Getting punters of all ages interested and into the venues spending their money and enjoying themselves, and thus this is why we're being asked back.

So in my book that means:

A. punters want more and we aim to please plus

B. promoters see a good thing and then promote.

C. we develop a fan base

D. we get further down the road than perhaps other bands

Its not about how many gigs you have locally, but entertainment. Having fun. Enjoying what your doing. You know those things that make music what music is all about. :cheers:

If ya wanna keep a score card, then fair do -- but in this industry its the nature of the beast to keep going gigging as much as ya can, and the thing is; the more local we play, the more our studio bill drops and the more our band fund grows, which makes it easier to go on tour.

Then of course their is the reality of what gets a band supported and funded: the fan base: the more fan base we get (example of hits daily on our website) the more we get gigs, the more further we can go, the more chance we've got in this industry to at least have a crack at the top.

There is always a method to what some might think is madness, but you already knew that, yea? :puke::D

Take care,

Bobbie

Manager

IDENTIY

[url']http://myidentity.moonfruit.com

of course its a good thing to play alot but not in the same fishing town every week, look at people who know what they are talking abouts advice on another thread liker jester and ross, i beleive they said that you were playing to often around aberdeen for a supporting role at moshulu. if you put an aberdeen show on every week not all your following is gonna come, apart from the family and freinds, why not take a few weeks of to recharge the batteries and then come back and have 1 big crowd, thats way more impressive than having a half full crowd.

Daniel

well, if SM bothered to pay attention to details and

thought before he typed, he would see exactly what we are doing.

I've got no jest with what is being said, if what he says was factual, which it isn't. :nono:

We planned a hiatus a month ago to do the studio recording, the artwork, launch CD, and a couple band members are going on holiday, and negotiations for gigs in Manchester and Glasgow are ongoing, plus the other stuff on our band's agenda. :cheers:

I mean, the truth be known, the guy just doesn't like the band, and will find any opportunity to take a pot shot, just for the hell of it.

However, its my role to correct misinformation when its being banded about, which is what I'm doing. :love:

So, I know what Ross and jester are saying, but we've had a game plan; for the next 3 months, that doesn't include Moshulu (no reason just the lay out of this plan from meetings) and the playing more in Aberdeen hasn't been an issue.

We've other things I've mentioned that were already in the pipeline before the post you mention and basically though we would love to do the venue, specially for my new friend jester,we've at the moment got so much on our plate, it would be early fall before we could manage. :music:

So, what SM is saying is like preaching to the already converted. Difference is, hes preaching to an empty congregation and his soapbox rants are based on his imagination and not actual facts. :D

I can understand what people are saying, if that is what was happening, but to be honest, its not what is happening nor is it gonna happen. :D

Take care,

Bobbie

Manager

IDENTITY

I don't know you Bobbie, or the band, though I have seen them; but I can't help but feel that you have no idea what you're talking about. I wouldn't claim to be an industry expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I have been around the block a few times, and you're just making the same mistakes 90% of new acts make. I can email you some good resources and links if you like that might give you a few new ideas.

well don't know what to say to this

but sure, use our email address for the site and email me.

Take care,

Bobbie

I don't know you Bobbie' date=' or the band, though I have seen them; but I can't help but feel that you have no idea what you're talking about. I wouldn't claim to be an industry expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I have been around the block a few times, and you're just making the same mistakes 90% of new acts make. I can email you some good resources and links if you like that might give you a few new ideas.[/quote']

Guest stuartmaxwell
Come back at me when you say something that at least appears to be somewhere near facts' date=' and the drink is still there, I'll purchase it in the hopes you've the balls to turn up. :D

Take care,

Bobbie

Manager

IDENTITY

[url']http://myidentity.moonfruit.com

i live in glasgow doll, when i come up to abdn i dont waste my time going to gigs with shite bands on them just to prove a point or talk about convos on ab music. its not a question of balls

to be honest i would make little effort to come and see your band unless you were on a good line up. and that doesnt mean that shite-looking swiss band you were posting about. im talking about good, honest and original bands.

i would stop posting old fashioned stuff like "shearing the sheep" and the like, it makes you and your band sound like a bunch of hillbillies

cheers

stuart

aberdeen music.com

www.aberdeen-music.com

The thing about seeing bands often is that You would see the 'peppers 9 times in three months because the chance to see them comes along once a year max. The general rule of playing locally is that bands don't play too often as it keeps interest; my favourite local band are Quik, i went to nearly all their shows last year because they only played once a month MAX. I bet (not including yourself, the band members and their family/girlfriends) 1 person max has been to all of the identity gigs.

Only once in the last three years has my band played twice in the samemonth and our general rule is that we don't play more than one gig every 6 weeks, why? It means that we usually get a decent turnout. To quote a motto from HEBS.... Think about it.

just stumbled upon this thread, i seem to have missed it! i agree with mr lucifer, i find bobbie's ramblings typical of someone new at this management lark and like johnny i'm way short of being an industry expert but have been round the block a bit.

thing is in aberdeen its so easy to get gigs that many bands gig before they're ready, get a load of friends n family to the first batch of gigs, band get told that their the best thing since sliced bread, a mate becomes the 'manager' cos they read it somewhere it looks professional and before you know it a poorly packaged and shoddily recorded demo disguised as an EP is on the shelves at one up. then.... nothing, demos are sent out, no fecker replies, gig numbers dwindle and before you know it the band has been on the go three years.... btw i'm talking generally here and not suggesting that is what happening with identity but i've seen it happen all too many times....

one thing i will say is that instead of concentrating on getting a 'fan base' why not tone your craft? as others have said here the friends n family crowd will disappear soon......

a lot of new bands always seem in a desperate rush - chill, take your time! finally in this industry there's no right or wrong way - just different ways of doing things - everyone has a different story and ideas of how it should be done! but there are things to avoid doing - u seem eager to learn and not afraid to mistakes which is a good things - good luck you'll need it!

The full line up for

the 1 st is The Tonics

Stranded

Echomind

Indentity

Not sure how many people will go tho after hearing about the moorings gig that could be one hell of a night in aberdeen! anyway..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................!!!! a bit too much agro on this form.... hmmm!

Guest stuartmaxwell

wah wah ha ha ha ha wah wah to your face you english bastard

good to see soundiain on here again.

his prescence and dry/witty/sarcastic remarks have been missed