aberdeen-music

KEF 1st April

liamtw

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you wouldn't see your favourite band??

If I had a chance to see Red Hot Chili Peppers more than 9 times this year, I'd be made up and in heaven.

Jeepers, some people!

Take care,

Bobbie

This will be your 9th gig in Aberdeen since christmas time' date=' maybe your manager should cool the beans because i wouldn't even go and see my favourite band three times a month. There's also a huge birthday party at the forum and a kick-ass gig at the moorings on that night so attracting new punters will be very difficult.[/quote']

Well, ask the question why so many gigs?

Perhaps because people actually want to hear the band more often?

Its not like the chasing is being done from the bands part or my part. :O

On the issue you brought forth:

If the "local" band are good, I'd see them, local or not. It doesn't figure into my mindset to think "how many times" they've played. Why would it? They are playing. Getting punters of all ages interested and into the venues spending their money and enjoying themselves, and thus this is why we're being asked back.

So in my book that means:

A. punters want more and we aim to please plus

B. promoters see a good thing and then promote.

C. we develop a fan base

D. we get further down the road than perhaps other bands

Its not about how many gigs you have locally, but entertainment. Having fun. Enjoying what your doing. You know those things that make music what music is all about. :cheers:

If ya wanna keep a score card, then fair do -- but in this industry its the nature of the beast to keep going gigging as much as ya can, and the thing is; the more local we play, the more our studio bill drops and the more our band fund grows, which makes it easier to go on tour.

Then of course their is the reality of what gets a band supported and funded: the fan base: the more fan base we get (example of hits daily on our website) the more we get gigs, the more further we can go, the more chance we've got in this industry to at least have a crack at the top.

There is always a method to what some might think is madness, but you already knew that, yea? :puke::D

Take care,

Bobbie

Manager

IDENTIY

http://myidentity.moonfruit.com

I waz tlking bout a local band u pap Lol

Roflol

The law as I know it: the more you increase the effort or what you are doing, the less you get and that results can even be very counterproductive (over time). That at a certain point the effort of even trying, can ruin those making the effort. Example, you want your garden to produce more vegetables, you add more fertilizer. In the short term it works, as you only add a little fertilizer and get more vegetables but then you want more. So you more and more fertilizer. The garden is not producing vegetables as it once did, so you add more fertilizer, till the ground is so poisoned that nothing will grow and you & your family, starve.

I would see it coming & and am not that dumb as you imply by your "diminishing returns" clue. Most people are not that dumb to do that in real life. :nono::D

The thing is, the key word in all the diminishing returns blah, blah, and double blah is

overtime.

The plan isn't to play Aberdeen over a great amount of time, why would it be?

:rolleyes:

Take care,

Bobbie

Manager

IDENTITY

yes

i do have lots of clues

i also understand soemthing in economics called diminishing marginal returns

go look it up

Guest stuartmaxwell

you have not been very astute so far have you?? you are almost playing a gig a week

go do some fishing, check out the resources on the web, im sure you will find something *somewhere* about how to manage a band properly

obviously if you are able to predict the future, you will realise your fans *cough* rent-a-crowd mates *cough* wont be around forever and even they will get sick of paying 5 to watch you in kef with 3 other shite bands every week

Oh dear ruffle a feather or two did I?

Look bottom line is, your opinion is but one in a small minority compared to the many who make positive comments daily.

Fair do, the band and my management of it are not your cuppa, we get your goat, raise your hackles and cause you to do more hanging out here than having a natural course to life. :laughing:

Not being astute? :laughing:

Rent a crowd mates? :laughing:

Boy ya got it bad against us, to the point your imagination is getting away from ya. :D

Never mind, been there, got the film rights, know the score.8)

I could understand if you've been creative with your attacks.

Even if you've the inside track to what is actually going on with our band to base your opine upon, I could understand your antagonism. But, I wouldn't say you took the cake; you took the whole shop with this post, I mean really.....presumptuous or what? :jester:

I enjoy fishing, good past time really when your in the need for some meat.

However................if you think I'm some bimbo :stupid: , well your visit to KEF should be very interesting. Let's sit down over a beer and get to the sticks and stones of the issue you so obviously have with the band and those tied to it.

I'll even pay! :cheers:

Oh, I forgot...I was told your a pretty decent guy when not on these boards, so I'll have to keep that in mind when I buy ya a drink. You know book cover thing. :D

So, until next time we have a lil tte - - tte, perhaps you could read this book:

Humour Therapy by Branko Bokun

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/thursday.handleigh/various/happiness-humour/humour-therapy.htm

Until that time, take care of yourself,

Bobbie

Manager

IDENTITY

you have not been very astute so far have you?? you are almost playing a gig a week

go do some fishing' date=' check out the resources on the web, im sure you will find something *somewhere* about how to manage a band properly

obviously if you are able to predict the future, you will realise your fans *cough* rent-a-crowd mates *cough* wont be around forever and even they will get sick of paying 5 to watch you in kef with 3 other shite bands every week[/quote']

Guest stuartmaxwell

"Look bottom line is, your opinion is but one in a small minority compared to the many who make positive comments daily."

is that on your message board? good luck. the general concesnsus is your band are wank, there is a thing called a music scene outwith your sodding website

Fair do, the band and my management of it are not your cuppa, we get your goat, raise your hackles and cause you to do more hanging out here than having a natural course to life. :laughing:

hmm you are not the sole reason why i use this website frequently.

Not being astute? :laughing:

this is quite obvious

Rent a crowd mates? :laughing:

again this is very obvious. any local band you see will have rent a crowd mates. some dont care, some like yourselves regard them as fans.

Boy ya got it bad against us, to the point your imagination is getting away from ya. :D

yes. i dont like your band. i dont like hearing about your band.

Never mind, been there, got the film rights, know the score.8)

I could understand if you've been creative with your attacks.

i *could* be creative. what does it solve though?

Even if you've the inside track to what is actually going on with our band to base your opine upon, I could understand your antagonism. But, I wouldn't say you took the cake; you took the whole shop with this post, I mean really.....presumptuous or what? :jester:

i dont know why i am bothering to do this....azzzzz

I enjoy fishing, good past time really when your in the need for some meat.

2/10

However................if you think I'm some bimbo :stupid: , well your visit to KEF should be very interesting. Let's sit down over a beer and get to the sticks and stones of the issue you so obviously have with the band and those tied to it.

I'll even pay! :cheers:

ive never been known to turn down a free drink. i doubt ill be at kef though, the line up sucks and the venue aint much better. maybe ill see you elsewhere

So, until next time we have a lil tte - - tte, perhaps you could read this book:

Humour Therapy by Branko Bokun

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/thursday.handleigh/various/happiness-humour/humour-therapy.htm

im a barrell of laughs anyway, :)

Until that time, take care of yourself,

Bobbie

Manager

IDENTITY

you too

Stuart

aberdeen-music.com

www.aberdeen-music.com