aberdeen-music

how many songs have you written?

delboy

Guest davetherave

This post brought back memories, I guess I have two phases with my songwriting.

Phase 1 - playing in mid 80s post punk indie band (Bristol Area) about 30 songs with lyrics.

Phase 2 - stopped playing in covers bands about 5 years ago and focussed on my own guitar ambient soundscape thingies, songs recorded that I would allow other people to hear, probably about 120. Website soon to be launched with downloadable mp3s!

Amazing how much easier it is to write stuff without lyrics :)

:cheers:

deadloss have only written 6 or 7 in the last 2 years. but then we hardly ever practice what with the different cities thing. we are not prolific, although our standards are high...

bands writing songs (rather than individuals) have a tendency to faff rather a lot. this may only apply to bands i know intimately.

songs by committee, a good or a bad thing? i find it's best if a couple of members pull the strings and impose their will. and craig deadloss is not a man it's easy to impose your will upon.

I have written about 12 songs for Onion Terror and co-wrote about 8 with Last Time Perfect. I don't see the point in having about 100 songs that are hard to chose from, our ethos is to write new ones when people get bored hearing our current ones, or something like that. I also find it hard to write a few songs within a month or so without them all sounding similar.

I have written about 12 songs for Onion Terror and co-wrote about 8 with Last Time Perfect. I don't see the point in having about 100 songs that are hard to chose from' date=' our ethos is to write new ones when people get bored hearing our current ones, or something like that. I also find it hard to write a few songs within a month or so without them all sounding similar.[/quote']

you! that must be the band i saw on union street a few years ago? any chance any songs online? from what i remember you were quite good