chilli

@ The Tunnels

Doors 8pm

an evening of improvisied FREE Folk experimentation

featuring four artists never b4 seen in Aberdeen

Even got a write up in this months Wire magazine & Delboys EE

column last Thursday.

very special "Free Folk" is the 1st happening music genre of the new millenium

try scandinavia, eastern europe, rural & major city USA even the UK Bristol/Brighton/London/Glasgow

experience this shit, 1st hand TONIGHT.

Guest Zeenat Aman

So special that it's bringing me out of hibernation..

I haven't actually heard any of the people playing, but chilli's enthusiasm alone is enough to let me know it's the right thing to do.

:)

So special that it's bringing me out of hibernation..

I haven't actually heard any of the people playing' date=' but chilli's enthusiasm alone is enough to let me know it's the right thing to do.

:)[/quote']

yeh these artist don't & havn't played Aberdeen b4 (unless you count david keenans one visit with The Telstar Ponies. If Alan Cynic is wetting himself about the prospect of these artists playing in Aberdeen, i cannot commend your attendence any better than that.

VERY SPECIAL & very different,

thats entertainment..............

Guest Zeenat Aman
yeh these artist don't & havn't played Aberdeen b4 (unless you count david keenans one visit with The Telstar Ponies. If Alan Cynic is wetting himself about the prospect of these artists playing in Aberdeen' date=' i cannot commend your attendence any better than that.

VERY SPECIAL & very different,

thats entertainment..............[/quote']

I'v even had some sleep in preperation... amazing huh!!!

:D

Guest Zeenat Aman
I think David Keenan also played here with 18 Wheeler' date=' but might not wanted reminded about that :D

I have now officially wet myself :down:

Philip......if I'd known you were going I wouldn't have sent you the Tape CDs this morning....oops![/quote']

Aha, our postman hates me, after a recent bout of ebay madness he's had an lp roughly everyday to deliver, soon to come, a hare krishna book and a fuzz box. :D

Oh the joy's of modern life!

Guest Zeenat Aman
aye you can't get the postmen these days (he he)

I'm not allowed to comment' date=' we have to sign the official secrets act you know!

The things that get delivered to that house on holburn street, shocking!!!

Well i did say it would be different, can such a single bill have such a width of music & one act cause complete & utter division of opinion. Personally I'd rather have a discussion/rant about last nights proceedings than 100's of NICE/GREAT/FORGETTABLE

events. From this guy & others "One of the best & most imaginative interesting music events.

thanks to all our regulars for their continued support

Aha' date=' our postman hates me, after a recent bout of ebay madness he's had an lp roughly everyday to deliver, soon to come, a hare krishna book and a fuzz box. :D

Oh the joy's of modern life![/quote']

Phillip - you and I share the same postman. He aint a happy chappy at all... He throws my ebay Lps thru any open window he can find and has yet to be seen smiling,

Dave

Well i did say it would be different' date=' can such a single bill have such a width of music & one act cause complete & utter division of opinion. [/quote']

A VERY diverse set of acts under the 'Free Folk' heading. From manipulated feedback and aggressive e-bowing (Peter Wright), through very melodic 12-string fingerpicking (James Blackshaw), primal moaning/oral improv 'n' feedback of Taurpis Tula to the weirdly attractive voice/primitive guitar and ukelele playing of Josephine Foster. It was a tribute to the (fairly large) audience that they went with the flow, whether it was a trickle or a torrent. Plus (apart from 1 or 2 exceptions), the audience were respectful as well as open-minded. Speaking to the musicians afterwards, they said it was their best date so far (which is often the response to an Interesting Music night......thanks yet again Chilli, Graeme & Jenny) :up:

Guest Zeenat Aman

Twas a fantastic night, a diverse bill that needed, deserved and got the right audience. Josephine's haunting voice was the icing on a very ingrediant rich cake!

Once again, thank you interesting music!!!

Plus (apart from 1 or 2 exceptions)' date=' the audience were respectful as well as open-minded.[/quote']

And we have a new method for dealing with those less than respectful. We just get someone to smack them in the mouth, even if they're girls!!

Works a treat!

I think we'll stick with puting a sign up next time though.

And we have a new method for dealing with those less than respectful. We just get someone to smack them in the mouth' date=' even if they're girls!!

Works a treat!

I think we'll stick with puting a sign up next time though.[/quote']

Not funny......

I'm full of remorse / regret / embaressment today & emailed Chili with apologies as soon as I came in.

Punching anyone - male or female - whether provoked or not is not something I approve of or condone. And that goes for people punching me for no good reason - I've a few scratches on my face & a burst lip today.

Anyway, apologies to everyone involved for the moment - i'll be sure to say it in person when I see them next.

I knew you wouldn't think it funny' date=' so no names mentioned. Your remorse is obvious. I doubt you reacted any differently to anyone else in the circumstances. Chilli didn't even know until we told him in the car on the way home.[/quote']

Still, remorse doesn't excuse it - it was wrong.

A few drinks & a stunned, thoughtless reaction on my part doesn't excuse it either - but that's all that I can offer at the moment.