aberdeen-music

Pelican

huntedbyafreak

Here's the real deal: on April 12, we have a CDEP coming out on Hydra Head. It will feature a 20-mn new song titled "March Into the Sea." The basic tracks for this were recorded last spring and finished up in the fall. It will be backed by a 13-mn remix by Justin Broadrick of "Angel Tears." the third song from Australasia. Vinyl soon to follow with exquisite, limited artwork. Details to come on that -- but it's safe to say it's our most ambitious vinyl sleeve yet. The full length is mixed, and tentatively slotted for late June. It is titled "The fire in our throats beckons the thaw." Seven songs. on HH, too. CD and vinyl. Lastly, a split LP-only release is in the works with us and MONO.

Roll on late June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest stuartmaxwell

oh my words

i played "drought" on the decks at mondays audio dropouts in stereo

many amazed faces

the new pelican stuff sounded amazing at king tuts

same stuff but with explosions in the sky in the mix

bloody wonderful

i love this band

oh my words

i played "drought" on the decks at mondays audio dropouts in stereo

many amazed faces

the new pelican stuff sounded amazing at king tuts

same stuff but with explosions in the sky in the mix

bloody wonderful

i love this band

They are indeed unbelievable...

Track 2 from the first ep, Ithink it is called Mammoth, is one of the heaviest things to grace music..

Drop A tuning up yer ass....

Cant wait for this new thing!

What does everyone think of the new Jesu album?

xXscottXx

Mammoth is damn good... In fact' date=' that whole E.P. is just the greatest. I don't think Australasia is great all the way through but I love them enough to really look forward to this album. The one track 20 minute E.P. should be interesting as well.[/quote']

Im the same...the album gets a little boring towards the end...

By the end of the album, I find myself begging for some vocals...

The ep is amazing because of this...since it is shorter it is less boring and more amazing!

• 2 weeks later...
Our self-titled EP, which is our demo, is going to be repressed. The same label, Cock of the Rock, is doing another pressing, this time with badass gold covers. That's what we did when we pressed the cd on our own initially: silver covers, and then gold covers. So we're keeping the same scheme going for the vinyl. So, for anyone that wants the EP on vinyl, please stop shelling out $67 for it on eBay. That's ridiculous ... repress is on the way.

YES.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stuartmaxwell

one has "march into the sea" ruining my pc speakers currently

oh my fucking words

this is fucking ace, starts of pelicanny and goes off in a tangent but still remaining pelicanny

this band fucking rule you all