aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

' date=' post: 143067"']whats that like? i didnt really like anything after Labor Days to be honest.

RJD2-Exotic talk single

I like it; it's very tight and concise, plus "Coffee" is an absolute tune. It's the first Aesop album I've heard though, so take that for what it's worth.

I like it; it's very tight and concise, plus "Coffee" is an absolute tune. It's the first Aesop album I've heard though, so take that for what it's worth.

Get labor days. Its excellent. It seems a lot darker and less busy than what he seems to be doing now, but its all good. I'm not sure if Blockhead still does all the beats for his stuff, but he's a quality producer.

Hopesfall - A Types (pretty boring)

Team Sleep-Team Sleep.

Tubers - Shell Out lp

Lemuria - Get Better lp (finally got an actual copy of this. One of my favourite records of the last few years!)

Peter Broderick - Docile 10"

Brito - This Wave is Only for the Goodhearted lp

Bird By Snow - Sky cd (pre order)

Erik Enocksson - With Its Dark Tail Curled 'Round the Garage cd (pre order)

Hustle.

Finally got a hold of the second LP by The Envy Corps having seen them at the awesomeness that is Middlesbrough Music Live (!) last year... If Doves came from Iowa this is the sound you would get. Awesomely expansive indie-pop. Check them out: The Envy Corps – Listen free at Last.fm

Also picked up The Midnight Organ Fight by Frightened Rabbit but yet to play it.

Guest bluesxman

Silver Mt. Zion (whatever moniker this week) ~ 13 Blues For Thirteen Moons

Labradford ~ E Luxo So/Fixed:Content

Songs: Ohia ~ Ghost Tropic

Billy Mahonie ~ What Comes Before

Boris ~ Smile

Pagoda ~ Pagoda

The Low Lows ~ Shining Violence

I'd finally got the Gutter twins lp....hmm....why is it that everything gred dulli (sp?) touches, always sounds the same? (the wife loves it...so that's alright!)

I'd also bought:

future kings of spain (1 from Groucho's as a "that looks interesting" - it's run of the mill weezer / nirvana wanabee guitar music)

Jack Dangers - music for planetariums

madness - complete madness (first LP I ever bought...in 1981)

eucalypt/sophora split 7" - officially the smartest packaging I have

good distro last night :D

Is that the one in the jute type bag?, saw it in the distro @ th neuk a few weeks ago and cant remember why I didnt actually buy it cos it does look cool as fuck.

I well should have went last night :(

kidcrash - jokes 12"

end of a year - sincerely 12"

Two awesome LP's! Kidcrash seem to get looked down on by a lot of people, i don't really understand why (i guess it might be the get up kids cover cd...). Jokes is an absolute masterpiece! Someone show me a recent record with the same caliber of drumming and guitar work, and jeez, well, just jeez. I love how the vocals are kinda muffled in amongst the other instruments.

I need to pick up another copy of Sincerely, as the one i got as been pressed funny. It's like, a tiny bit slower than it should be. SO annoying! Unfortunately i got it sent home, so i got to it about 3 months after buying - cannae really return it after that. I did get it for 4 as well. Midwest is critical. "...Trains derailed, the wheels still spin. As my life sails down the toilet, i wish you were here to enjoy it. I've let myself go in so many ways!"

I've been meaning to pick up that adorno lp as well. You should check out I Had Plans, another sweet band from Portugal!

--

I just realised it was the Violent Breakfast gig last night. Absolute bummer. I did nothing last night apart from watch MoTD2.

:down:

yeah Dundee was sweet when EOAY came. ive loved that record for a while and really pleased to pick it up on 12". midwest is an athem of nou camp proportions.

the adorno LP is sweet, much like with kidcrash, they are looked down on as they have nice recordings, are a new band and are playing stuff that isnt entirely unique. i think they are great. well worth checking them out.

I had plans are a band I keep hearing about, never heard em yet though.

VB were awesome, a good laugh had by all and yet again another gig where "dundee has been the highlight of the tour" which is always nice to hear.

Guest Steven Dedalus

Just got given a copy of the Flight of the Conchords album.

It's good (assuming you like the programme) and most of the mixes are pretty different.

It holds together remarkably well as an album, but I'd have changed the sequencing if it was up to me.