aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Guest Steven Dedalus

Today I bought:

Elvis Costello & the Attractions - This Year's Model

Siouxsie and the Banshees - The Scream

Both of which are replacements for stuff I've lost over the years...

What did u think of it?

And compared to his early stuff?

There are a few previously unreleased older tracks on it that are more like his earlier stuff, and I love those. The TeeBee remix of Ni Ten Ichi Ryu is pretty sick, too. I quite like his newer stuff as well, but it's more like yer big party choons type deal and I have to be in the mood (drunk) :up: It's a bit of a mixed bag, IMO.

Moving Shadow back catalogue is worth the bandwidth, BTW!

I had a splurge on Amazon (not bought much in ages!)

Additional Productions: Remixed By Funkstorung

Boogybytes Vol.3: Mixed By Modeselektor

Clincher : by TAR

lifeline : by jesu

Conqueror : jesu

Merz : Merz

merciless : by Andy Stott

Friend ep : grizzly bear

There are a few previously unreleased older tracks on it that are more like his earlier stuff, and I love those. The TeeBee remix of Ni Ten Ichi Ryu is pretty sick, too. I quite like his newer stuff as well, but it's more like yer big party choons type deal and I have to be in the mood (drunk) :up: It's a bit of a mixed bag, IMO.

Moving Shadow back catalogue is worth the bandwidth, BTW!

Ah I see, I was pretty disappointed by it being more of the "drum n bass" format than his more abstract styles.

And yeah, I've only listened to a small amount of this catalogue and already had a few OMG moments.

Wow I'd forgotten all about that guy... I'll have to dig out some of his stuff and have a listen as well, for old times sake :up:

I'd read about his new lp, and I'd enjoyed the samples I'd heard, so I thought I'd get his first lp...I'd completely missed his stuff first time round!....I've yet to hear a whole song, but the amazon price was about 3 including PnP...so I can't really grumble if its shite!

I caught him at a festival, Reading 1999 I think it was. My mate had been going on about how amazing this guy Merz was and we'd been listening to him on the journey down, so we went and watched him open the dance tent in front of about 50 people at something like 1 in the afternoon. It was fairly brilliant, from what I remember, but it was 9 years ago and I was pissed. Dance music with guitars. I'd never seen the likes before.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Can't say, came home yesterday to find 2 tickets saying that my noise parcels were at the depot and to collect them the following day. Went down today to get them, was told they weren't in. I nearly throttled the bastard.

Not :up: