aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Guest bluesxman

Neil Young And Crazy Horse ~ Live At The Fillmore East

Echo And The Bunnymen ~ Killing Moon: The Best of

Made Out Of Babies ~ Trophy

Clutch ~ Pitchfork And Lost Needles

Guest bluesxman
Why did you buy a Bunnymen best of? You not already own it all?

I had the Neil Young CD in the HMV 2 for 10 deal and was struggling to find something else of interest to be honest.Id read it was a good compilation, but with hindsight yes, I do have it all on the various re-issues (I actually forgot just how much extra stuff was on the re-issued studio albums, thought the few live tracks I may only have on vinyl) - so it was ultimately a bit pointless, but for a fiver it saves me compiling my ownI like easy compilations to chuck on in the car sometimes..

Sir, you have just won the Steven Dedalus Award for complete and utter Laziness.

It's not laziness. I have compilations for the car as well. They're great, especially as I don't have a multi cd changer.

I don't see how it's lazy in any sense of the word. It's just a preference for listening to a bit of variety while driving sometimes instead of a whole album.

Guest bluesxman
Sir, you have just won the Steven Dedalus Award for complete and utter Laziness.

Im honoured. Do I get a trophy? I lost interest in making compilation CDs a while back. My old PC used to f**k up so many discs that a fiver seems much less hassle than expending the time and energy.and I actually have never bought a CD copy of the S/T album so I dont have it all anyway after all

Guest bluesxman
It's not laziness. I have compilations for the car as well. They're great, especially as I don't have a multi cd changer.

I don't see how it's lazy in any sense of the word. It's just a preference for listening to a bit of variety while driving sometimes instead of a whole album.

Thank you Sir!

And in the case of Echo And The Bunnymen it means I dont have to listen to rubbish songs about cucumbers and cabbages or the Duchess Of Malfi in amongst the ace stuff.

Guest bluesxman
And in the case of Echo And The Bunnymen it means I dont have to listen to rubbish songs about cucumbers and cabbages

OK scratch that, I'm listening the now and a live version of that song is on it...

Guest Steven Dedalus
Im honoured. Do I get a trophy? I lost interest in making compilation CDs a while back. My old PC used to f**k up so many discs that a fiver seems much less hassle than expending the time and energy.and I actually have never bought a CD copy of the S/T album so I dont have it all anyway after all

I would make you a trophy, but I'm too lazy to do it.

Boom! Boom!

Its my birthday, and I have received:

Cursed - I

Earth - The Bees....

Ministry - Rio Grande Blood

Wisdom In Chains - Class War

RFTC - RIP

Integrity - Those Who Fear Tomorrow

Minus The Bear - Planet of Ice

Meet Me In St Louis - Variations on Swing

The Bakerton Group - S/T

The Gutter Twins - Saturnalia