aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Today's purchases;

Albums;

Arcade Fire- Funeral

Bright Eyes-Every Day and Every Night

Ambulance Ltd.-LP

The Bravery-the Bravery

The Pogues-Ultimate Collection

Brendan Benson-The Alternative To Love

Various-Atlantic Soul-You Better Believe It!

Various-Rough Trade Best Of 2004

Various-RaveOn-16 Rave Classics 4 Party People

Singles;

The Explosion-Here I Am

Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds-Get Ready For Love

Beck-E-Pro

QOTSA-Little Sister

Alterkicks-Do Everything I Taught You

Basement Jaxx-Oh My Gosh

Gwen Stefani-Rich Girl

Rilo Kiley-Portions For Foxes

Terri Walker-Whoopsie Daisy

That little lot came to just over 100. And there's actually some stuff in there I WANT to listen to. Bonus!

I corrected it for you Dave...unless that's the name of their first album...

"Denied" the name of their first album is Funeral.

... there was a demo EP that was sold at shows' date=' you might be thinking of that.[/quote']

I think we're both wrong. They have a self-titled EP but i don't think it's just demos and i think it had a wider release in Canada or America. They apparently have a Christmas EP as well.

I think we're both wrong. They have a self-titled EP but i don't think it's just demos and i think it had a wider release in Canadia or America. They apparently have a Christmas EP as well.

the demo EP wasn't an ep of demo's, but a demo EP if you get my drift. In the same way some local bands 'release' EPs, kind of. They recorded it themselves, in a barn.

it was only/is only sold at shows.

the christmas ep is just an internet thing, it wasn't 'released,' and apparently its just some of their friends playing those songs in the 'style of' the arcade fire. ps - its also shit.

Guest Ancient Mariner
thing is Fiddes' date=' you dont really know what i listen to. its all very well to assume that i listen to slayer and metallica all day but i don't. if you talked to me about music one night chances are you wouldnt be surprised next time i buy a cd[/quote']

i have talked to you, and discovered that you like Kraftwerk. That's what i'm talking about when i say you never fail to surprise me!!!! I was just deducing that you were a dyed-in-the-wool metalfreak from your appearance, the names of your projects, and the "Killing is my business and business is good" comment

the demo EP wasn't an ep of demo's' date=' but a demo EP if you get my drift. In the same way some local bands 'release' EPs, kind of. They recorded it themselves, in a barn.

it was only/is only sold at shows.

the christmas ep is just an internet thing, it wasn't 'released,' and apparently its just some of their friends playing those songs in the 'style of' the arcade fire. ps - its also shit.[/quote']

i have seen people on slsk with a non-funeral 10-track record by the arcade fire

it didn't say that they were demos

but i wasn't interested in dling it either

edit: ok, i read the original post properly and i feel proper stupid

i have seen people on slsk with a non-funeral 10-track record by the arcade fire

it didn't say that they were demos

but i wasn't interested in dling it either

edit: ok' date=' i read the original post properly and i feel proper stupid[/quote']

hmm, funeral is 10 tracks... maybe they're just idiots?

edit: i just read the edit. don't feel stupid. instead, eat cereal before you go to bed, its good!

Only the best album of the fucking year. Play Neighbourhood 3 or Rebellion (Lies) in exodus?

Well done Jimmy Jazz for finally introducing the Arcade Fire to your life!

I have had Funeral for months now, and I am glad to reveal that it only gets better each time you listen to it. I cannot wait to hear them being played in Exodus either!

Well done Jimmy Jazz for finally introducing the Arcade Fire to your life!

I have had Funeral for months now' date=' and I am glad to reveal that it only gets better each time you listen to it. I cannot wait to hear them being played in Exodus either![/quote']

I'd been trying to hear them for months but slsk was playing up.

Guest idol_wild

Unwound-Leaves Turn Inside You

Their weakest album, in my view.

Government Commissions - Mogwai.

Script Of The Bridge - The Chameleons.

Amusement Parks On Fire - Amusement Parks On Fire.