aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Boys Noize - Power

Los Campesinos! - We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed (Special edition, lovely, lovely box of delights)

Animal Collective - Fall Be Kind EP

Atlas Sound - Logos

Devo - Hot Potatoes: The Best of Devo

I only bought them so I could post them on here, I don't even like music. What a racket.

The Pains of Being Pure At Heart's LP.

Simian Mobile Disco - Temporary Pleasure

The Antlers - Hospice

Bombay Bicycle Club - I had the blues but I shook them loose

Cold War Kids - Behave Yourself EP

Battle of Wolf 359/Kaddish split

I'm going out to get some more today. I'll keep you all updated on what I purchase.

Yeah, I have some friends who are really into them. Didn't like the album at first but forced myselves a few listens and there are definitely some joyous moments- "Come Saturday" and "This Love is Fucking Right!" for example

Pretty formulaic and definitely overrated imo, though.

I bought the Pains of Being Pure at Heart CD last week out of interest and thought it was OKbut I once bought a Big Star CD and thought it was pretty boring! So I guess I have the opposite brain of RF Scott in this instance...

Cougar ~ Patriot

Comanechi ~ Crime of Love

which Big Star album did you get?

which Big Star album did you get?

It was 2 albums on a single CD - think it was their first 2 albums, #1 Record and Radio City maybe? I just thought it was a bit samey, perhaps if I'd heard an individual album rather than 2 on 1 disc things may have been different...they used to be referenced a lot in connection with Teenage Fanclub so I expected to like them more than I did...

I bought the Pains of Being Pure at Heart CD last week out of interest and thought it was OKbut I once bought a Big Star CD and thought it was pretty boring! So I guess I have the opposite brain of RF Scott in this instance...

Cougar ~ Patriot

Comanechi ~ Crime of Love

Cougar! I'd totally forgotten about them, got Law by them a couple of years ago which I thought was mostly ok, excellent in places. How does it stack up?

I'd say that Sister Lovers is my favourite Big Star album, followed by Radio City. The thing about their albums is that each one does have dire tracks on them sandwiched between these amazing pop songs. What I love most about Sister Lovers is that the songs are so fragile that they sound like they'll just fall in shite any second, and still they sound brilliant.

I really want to get the box set.

The Mercury Program ~ Chez Viking

Oceansize ~ Effloresce

Oceansize ~ Everyone into Position

Gifts from Enola ~ From Fathoms

Malcolm Middleton ~ Girl Band Pop Song EP

Calories ~ Let's Pretend We're Older EP

Isis & Aereogramme ~ In the Fishtank 14

Sharks Keep Moving ~ S/T

Near the Parenthesis ~ Go out and see

Pg.Lost ~ It's not me, it's you!