aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Editors - The Back Room

I broke my own ban on buying albums and got that, but I think I'll give it to someone who better appreciates "an album as a piece of art" (Jimmy Jazz). It's almost worth buying it for the songs Camera and Fingers in the Factories (their best song at TITP), but you're better off buying the singles.

I also bought the singles All Mapped Out by The Departure, and Sugar by Ladytron. The former is great, the latter pointless

Guest bluesxman
Good choice :up:

Got the Editors album a matter of minutes ago. Currently listening to it at work' date=' I'm obviously liking what I hear...[/quote']

I like it. Owes a big debt to early Bunnymen though, vocally anyway. I see that more than the oft mentioned Joy Division references.

Guest bluesxman

The Jam - Compact Snap (3.99 HMV sale)

The Fall - Hex Enduction Hour 2 CD (4.99 HMV sale)

The Prodigy - Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned (3 in FOPP)

Sorry some of us wait until we've heard an album to make up our minds.

Don't be a prick, although I know it's hard to stop yourself. I've seen them twice, got almost all the singles and at the time of the post had listened to most of the album, and liked it. So it's damn obvious.

I agree with the Bunnymen association, definitely more so than Joy Division.

I bought recently:

boltthrower - warmaster

sleep - sleeps holy mountain

iron monkey - our problem

godflesh - in all languages

fudge tunnel - in a word

(spot who looked at the earach back cat and thought....hmm....I heaven't heard those in a while!)

I swear, I've bought that sleep lp 3 times now, and it keeps going missing.

Also bought :

buck 65 : Secret House Against The World

polar bear : dim lit

we : the square root of -1

dj cam : loa project Vol 2

i ordered the who's who;s next and quadraphenia off amazon last week

both excellent albums, i didnt really appreciate quite how good the who were, keith moons drumming is all over the place, rolls and fills everywhere and him banging away seemingly at random, yet it works perfectly in the who. and john entwhistles bass, always playing exactly what the songs needs, sometimes just simple rhythm, sometimes harmony or even lead. married to a great singer and one of the greatest songwriters ever... perfect

David

I bought recently:

boltthrower - warmaster

sleep - sleeps holy mountain

iron monkey - our problem

godflesh - in all languages

fudge tunnel - in a word

(spot who looked at the earach back cat and thought....hmm....I heaven't heard those in a while!)

I swear' date=' I've bought that sleep lp 3 times now, and it keeps going missing.

[/quote']

it is a brilliant album though, worth every penny. cannae argue with iron monkey either. :)

Just ordered:

OneLineDrawing - Visitor (fucking THIRD album to be lost in house-move-related shenanigans...)

Gratitude - Gratitude (Jonah's great, AND playing Liverpool soon!)

Fight Paris - Paradise Found (I'm a sucker for the Bronx-esque RAWK. Bit ETiD too)

DeviL Sold His Soul - Darkness Prevails (pre order) From the ashes of Mahumodo....

I was very close to seeing them on the "Crammed in a Bigger Van" Tour... this was the tour after they went huge. First UK tour was called the "Crammed In A Van" Tour.

I still think Soup is a great album. My Dad was really really annoyed when RSH died as he was such a talented frontman and wasted his life away on heroin. That same strain of heroin almost killed Phil Anasemo' date=' Scott Weiland and did kill off a good few others.... 95 was a bad year for Overdoses.[/quote']

I beg to differ