aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

thursday's sansamp bass tone pure sucks

from what I gathered, he is using an Ampeg SVT with a Fender Jazz, and I thought he just drove the Ampeg pretty hard...?

Maybe not, but if it is a sansamp, its ok, just missing a bit of body...

He used to have a great tone when he used his Warwick and the SVT, that sounded ace.

Guest treader.

Bought everything the Appleseed Cast have ever released (to my knowledge) a few days ago.

Also:

Musical Youth - Anthology

The Cars - Greatest Hits

Hum - You'd Prefer an Astronaut

Menomena - I am the Fun Blame Monster

Night Ranger - Midnight Madness 12"

Citi Heet - The Saga of Begging Billy 12" Single

Guest treader.
I have been trying to locate a contact email address to enquire about booking The Appleseed Cast, but I think they would be very expensive :(

Well, we were $13 to see them. But it was in a pretty small, dingy club called the Satyricon so they would easily play somewhere small over here (although small here is probably much worse than small there) I'd imagine. Lovely fellas too.

Well, we were $13 to see them. But it was in a pretty small, dingy club called the Satyricon so they would easily play somewhere small over here (although small here is probably much worse than small there) I'd imagine. Lovely fellas too.

Ooohhh, in the states? Were Joie De Vivre supporting? I know they are/have done a few dates with them.

Guest treader.
Ooohhh, in the states? Were Joie De Vivre supporting? I know they are/have done a few dates with them.

Portland, Oregon. NO. The support bands were possibly the two worst bands I've ever heard ever.

Guest treader.

Its pretty dang nice. Everyone is very friendly.

It's HEAVING with homeless punk kids (they call themselves anarchists, but they're just smelly children) who constantly approach people for money/cigarettes/beer/food/a place to sleep.

One guy with 666 tattooed on his forehead asked me for a dollar and I obliged, purely because he was wearing a Black Flag shirt.

phil

it used to be everyday is like sunday booking who did the UK booking for appleseed cast (certainly last time they were over as we were looking at it but it clashed in between molia falls and lightning bolt). EDILS went their own seperate ways but I am sure if you got in contact with Philip he could point you in the right direction.

Did the appleseed cast not do a kinsella and said they will only tour the states from now on?? I may be wrong

Untitled Document

Guest idol_wild
phil

it used to be everyday is like sunday booking who did the UK booking for appleseed cast (certainly last time they were over as we were looking at it but it clashed in between molia falls and lightning bolt). EDILS went their own seperate ways but I am sure if you got in contact with Philip he could point you in the right direction.

Did the appleseed cast not do a kinsella and said they will only tour the states from now on?? I may be wrong

Untitled Document

Thumbs up for the information, Stuart :up:

I've managed to find out their European booker is Christian at the Agency Group. Email sent.

I'd be gutted if they never came back over to the UK. I'd travel to London to see them! Probably my favourite band.

How is the new M. Ward?

Now that I've finally recieved it and given it a proper listen, it's really good. Quite similar to Post-War but a shade more eclectic in sound. Some great collaborations, Zooey Deschanel and Jason Lytle from Grandaddy both feature. The title track and the cover of Buddy Holly's 'Rave On' are particular highlights.

On another note, to echo previous sentiments, the Joy Formidable album is great.