aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

I'd say heartless is a lot bit strong. But I didn't like his last album all that much either.

Well maybe I should rephrase it.

His music is heartless. He is a wanker. His music is largely shit.

And I make acoustic music myself. I don't prefer punk/noise over acoustic music, but his record was awful. And his lyrics were once spectacular and are now preachy.

Are you talking about his second album? I didn't find the lyrics on Sleep is for the weak particularly preachy...?

No Im talking about his first and the couple of demos/compilation track(thatcher fucked the kids et all). I didnt pay much attention to sleep is for a weak and only really was aware of the singles he released.

That and the fact he acted like a knob when I met him also put me off him.

Meh, wanker's still harsh. I tolerate preachier people.

I dug out Harmony No Harmony. After the Rush Hour is an affy affy good song.

Yeah but his whole "Holier than thou" attitude to the upper classes when he went to Eton/Lse is a bit rich.

And yeah man, that albums fucking awesome. Fav song of all time from them is Smiling At Strangers On Trains.

Did anyone go to the Cavern record fair in Drummonds today? What an absolute joke. The guy wanted 30 for 3 records (one with a missing sleeve and inserts, the other still available from Dischord for a fiver). He then basically told me to piss off, barging me out the way, and showing no room to wiggle on prices. I actually laughed myself out of Drummods as this fat old guy clutched onto the records, then put them back amongst everything else he must have failed to sell. What an absolute cock.

I don't see a problem with criticizing a system from the inside.

It doesn't really matter what he's like as a person anyway. For what it's worth - from what I've seen - he's not a bad chap. I honestly don't think he's trying to fashion himself as a pretend working-class hero or a rebel.

Don't get me wrong here, I still quite like him, the demos and the EP and Sleep is for the Week were all pretty good I thought, and he was always fairly decent whenever I spoke to him, but, for him to not have done the instore in One-Up because they'd already sold out of his albums (and therefore had nothing to sell), when at gigs he's all, 'it's the people who go to the gigs that matter; it's not about the money it's about the music, etc'. It's a bit :down:.

I'm friends with the guitarist. He told me they had new demos. I asked to hear them. Next thing I know...package through the door. cool.

New demos? So this isn't the tour one with I Swallowed a Bug?

They were selling the tour ones on their myspace. I got the impression that they really only seemed up for shipping within the States though, as i've been trying to get one for a while and always met with "we'll look into international shipping asap." :(

Guest treader.

nah this is new recordings that they recorded in the drummer's living room or something stupid like that. that tour cd is actually not as new as they would lead you to believe ;)

Guest treader.

i've been sworn to secrecy.

i dont mean to sound like some kind of elitist cunt, but I was asked not to.

They're really good though. I prefer them to the older songs. Although they are beginning to sound really Algernon-ish which is a good thing, but I cant help feeling it wont help them in the long run.

approx release date of christmas time though, so you wont have to wait too long!!!