aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Yuck are good?

I'd decided not to bother with them, can't remember why now.

I enjoyed what I heard. Definitely not re-inventing the wheel but they ply a style of indie rock that I like a lot and they ply it well. Basically, they sound like Pavement. So when I'm in the mood to listen to Pavement, I'll listen to them and then probably Yuck.

I saw Josh supporting 65daysofstatic back in 2007 and he was phenomenal. It's great to finally be able to listen to some of his songs. Super stuff!

He played the Tunnels a few years back, it was ace. I leant over the merch desk to hear what he was saying to me better and got his hair in my mouth.

Yeasayer ~ All Hour Cymbals

The Misfits ~ Walk Among Us

Fairport Convention ~ Liege and Lief

The Get Up Kids ~ Something to Write Home About

Rise Against - Endgame.

I fucking love this record. I love the fact that they haven't done this whole "return to our roots" shit and started putting out the same songs as they did before trying to get money for old rope - just because some of the 'old skool' fans seem to think the band owe them something. They have progressed their sound and moved forward and made another fucking stoater of a record IMO.

xx

Rise Against - Endgame.

I fucking love this record. I love the fact that they haven't done this whole "return to our roots" shit and started putting out the same songs as they did before trying to get money for old rope - just because some of the 'old skool' fans seem to think the band owe them something. They have progressed their sound and moved forward and made another fucking stoater of a record IMO.

xx

Wasn't really huge on their earlier stuff, but this record just sounds like a completely different band. I don't really like it, but it's clear Tim has got a good set of lungs on him. Top vocals and melodies, even if they are a bit cheesy. I think I preferred the older stuff overall though because he mixed his bark with his singing, and it didn't come across as tacky as 99% of sing/scream hardcore bands do.

I done my "Look at the 5 section in Asda / any charity shop and buy things I've heard of but never actually heard on the off chance they may be good" thing last night. This is how I end up with so much shite in my CD collection, but I do occasionally hit a gem!

Vampire Weekend - Contra

Kanye West - 808s and Heartbreak

Eliza Doolittle

Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War

No Doubt - Return Of Saturn

Adele - 19

Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid