aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

i've been sworn to secrecy.

i dont mean to sound like some kind of elitist cunt, but I was asked not to.

They're really good though. I prefer them to the older songs. Although they are beginning to sound really Algernon-ish which is a good thing, but I cant help feeling it wont help them in the long run.

approx release date of christmas time though, so you wont have to wait too long!!!

They're beginning to sound like a fictional dead mouse (literally) which was used as a guinea pig (figuratively) for experiments involving the the artificial increase of intelligence?

Today I bought:

Motown Gold

Okkervil River - The Stand Ins

Yeah, got this album. Fucking great, saw them with Tilly and the Wall :up:

They're great, it's amazing how big a sound they can get with just two voices, a guitar and a (half) drum kit. Saw them at King Tuts with The Duke Spirit and The Blah, Blah, Blah and they were by far the band of the night. They played to a criminally small audience though.

Anyhoo....today I bought

Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan - Sunday at Devil Dirt

Voxtrot - S/T

Thanks to that EMusic thing I posted on the "Bargains" thread, i've now downloaded the following for only about 12.99

2 Audrey albums

1 Metronome album

1 Laura album and a single

2 Godspeed albums which worked out as 20p a track!

1 Jacobs Stories album

1 Ef album

1 Daturah album

1 Caspian album

1 Bon Iver song

1 Azure Ray song

Thinking about keeping this Emusic thing on... as you get about 75 tracks for about 15 a month, which is great value for obscure post rock bands with 15 minute songs! Think i'll do one more month and if the well of amazing music dries up i'll ditch it.

Bargain!!

Thanks to that EMusic thing I posted on the "Bargains" thread, i've now downloaded the following for only about 12.99

2 Audrey albums

1 Metronome album

1 Laura album and a single

2 Godspeed albums which worked out as 20p a track!

1 Jacobs Stories album

1 Ef album

1 Daturah album

1 Caspian album

1 Bon Iver song

1 Azure Ray song

Thinking about keeping this Emusic thing on... as you get about 75 tracks for about 15 a month, which is great value for obscure post rock bands with 15 minute songs! Think i'll do one more month and if the well of amazing music dries up i'll ditch it.

Bargain!!

Which Laura and Caspian albums did you go with? You should pick up an Azure Ray album as well if you like that song. Burn and Shiver is amazing :)

Which Laura and Caspian albums did you go with? You should pick up an Azure Ray album as well if you like that song. Burn and Shiver is amazing :)

Caspian = The Four Trees

Laura = Mapping your dreams & Radio Swan is down (turns out I bought 2 albums, as well as the "We should keep this..." single

The Azure Ray song I bought was "Sleep", which i've loved for a few years. Didn't commit to buying the full album until i'd investigated the other songs a bit.

Caspian = The Four Trees

Laura = Mapping your dreams & Radio Swan is down (turns out I bought 2 albums, as well as the "We should keep this..." single

The Azure Ray song I bought was "Sleep", which i've loved for a few years. Didn't commit to buying the full album until i'd investigated the other songs a bit.

That's a good haul. Laura are totally underrated as are Caspian.

Aye, "Sleep" is off Azure Ray's self-titled album. "The New Year", from "Burn and Shiver", is an awesome song. Check that out if you want another to listen to.

Picked up the Los Camp record from 1UP today. Really nice packaging!

(Ross, you totally passed me on my way home today. You were on a bus! Exciting!)

Yeah, I saw you walking past Morrisons. Recognised Andrew then saw you on your bike. :) It was one of those moments when the bus drives off and it's too late to wave. Mince.