aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Guest bluesxman

Mick Turner/Tren Brothers ~ Blue Trees

This Will Destroy You ~ This Will Destroy You

Wilco ~ Sky Blue Sky

The Black Keys ~ Attack And Release

Red Sparowes/Made Out Of Babies/Battle of Mice ~ Triad

The Kills ~ Midnight Boom

Be Your Own Pet ~ Get Awkward

The Cinematic Orchestra ~ Live at the Royal Albert Hall

Tubeway Army ~ Replicas

Balfa Brothers ~ Play Traditional Cajun Music Vol. 1 and 2

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Agathocles/ Noise Bazooka split CD.

Crime - "Nucler Blood" 7" flexi.

Cripple Bastards - "Almost Human" CD.

Hellnation - "Fucked Up Mess" CD.

Woof!

:up:

Not something I've just bought, but something I've had for a couple of years and forgot to listen to until today:

The Cramps - Bad Music For Bad People.

Great album!

Agreed on The Cramps aswell, possibly one of the most under-rated bands of all time.

Apparently they supported The Horrors last year. The Cramps supported The Horrors. How mental is that?

This is probably the best thing I've heard in 243 years. It really is that good.

Christ, are you serious! I had it on at work and i can honestly say it's the worst, uninspiring and absolutely tedious album i've had the displeasure of listening to in long, long time. That is saying something as i have been forced to listen to the new Long Blondes and Envy and Other Sins albums on continuous play by an over zealous work colleague as well :down:

Christ, are you serious! I had it on at work and i can honestly say it's the worst, uninspiring and absolutely tedious album i've had the displeasure of listening to in long, long time. That is saying something as i have been forced to listen to the new Long Blondes and Envy and Other Sins albums on continuous play by an over zealous work colleague as well :down:

Pfft, there must be something wrong with you. I think it is the best thing that Kim Deal has done since Pacer. I've been listening to it constantly since I got it, I love the overall sound and feel of the album, and there are some really good songs on it - probably some of the best Breeders songs since Pod.

Are the Coal Porters coming back to Aberdeen? I saw them a couple of times at the Lemon Tree....good times.

As usual, most of my listening has been coming from the library, but I did buy the Drift Records compilation at the gig last Thurs.

I'll bet the main reason you like them is the (admittedly quality) pun of a name.