aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Guest bluesxman

KUKL ~ Holidays In Europe

Discharge ~ Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing

Rilo Kiley ~ Take Offs and Landings/ The Execution of All Things/ More Adventurous

Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins ~ Rabbit Fur Coat

Guest bluesxman
Good choices there, Take Offs and Landings is probably my favourite out of them.

I've always meant to buy their stuff but never got round to it, luckily someone had offloaded them all to One Up so much cheapness was had :)

Guest bluesxman
He'd be a fool not to enjoy Rilo Kiley and Jenny Lewis. You should see it as giving him a diverse musical palette.

I tried to coax him into the world with some Low and Isobel Campbell/Mark Lanegan but he had none of it and ended up coming out to silence :D

Sanchez is driven by demons - all systems are ghosts

Tyrone Miller - all these moments

these above two bands can be found here: redstarcommunity.com

there's over 80 songs FREE, fri, ledig for download. simply awsome stuff...

+

Sennen - Widows

Pentatonik - The Five Angels

The Early Years - The Early Years

The Longcut - A Call And Response

Gregor Samsa - 55:12

Malcolm Middleton - A Brighter Beat

The Human League - reproduction

Jim Reid - Dead End Kids

The Album Leaf - into the blue again

Au Revoir Simone - myspace

Beaches of the Proud - veils

kasule.co.uk

Guest bluesxman
Ah so you've been able to pick up a copy of Holidays In Europe. From where did you obtain it if you don't mind me asking?

And Discharge's classic debut full length too. Cool. Guess you've already checked out the thread regarding Discharge?

Got it on Amazon. :) Discharge album is great,been blasting in the car, had never listened to them before that I remember, was only a fiver in FOPP.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Ebola? Cool. Caught 'em here (at Cellar 35) with Los Crudos in 1996. Jake SPD made that show too. Folks can check 'em out here: Ebola Home Page And as you'll see, two folks from this fair city joined 'em for a time too.

Ah Ebola, criminally under-rated. It was Mark and Skater who joined them, wasn't it? Last caught Ebola at The Tap in Edinburgh in either '97 or '98. Nick Enslaved had joined, he was so nervous he had his back to the crowd the whole set. I traded him a heap of cheap tobacco for vinyls. Also playing were Stack, Slain and Shank. Try saying that after 8 pints. Stack tore the house down. Phew.

woops - I was going to do a wonderful link to every myspace page ... then realised it was far too much hard work - CD was Verses of Comfort, Assurance & Salvation. nae too bad.

tee kasule.co.uk

Ah thought something had gone awry there. Is that their first or second album, and any good?

Got it on Amazon. :) Discharge album is great,been blasting in the car, had never listened to them before that I remember, was only a fiver in FOPP.

Cool. Was lookin' to pick up both The Eye and Holidays in Europe again. One Little Indian did I think carry both releases for a time, but sadly don't anymore.

And Discharge? Awesome band, and a fine choice.

Ah Ebola, criminally under-rated. It was Mark and Skater who joined them, wasn't it? Last caught Ebola at The Tap in Edinburgh in either '97 or '98. Nick Enslaved had joined, he was so nervous he had his back to the crowd the whole set. I traded him a heap of cheap tobacco for vinyls. Also playing were Stack, Slain and Shank. Try saying that after 8 pints. Stack tore the house down. Phew.

No shit. You caught that show? Had actually forgot all about it. Made it there with Rags and Mike as it coincided with Mel's birthday. Cool.

Regarding Ebola? Yeah, Skater sat behind the kit for a bit with Duane joining the fold a lil later. Did they appear on any releases? I'm not sure.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
No shit. You caught that show? Had actually forgot all about it. Made it there with Rags and Mike as it coincided with Mel's birthday. Cool.

Regarding Ebola? Yeah, Skater sat behind the kit for a bit with Duane joining the fold a lil later. Did they appear on any releases? I'm not sure.

Certainly did, kipped overnight at my uncle's house in Rosyth after spending a fortune on a taxi from Edinburgh. I don't know of any Ebola releases with Skater and Duane, there might be some rehearsal recordings, but nothing official I don't think.

Certainly did, kipped overnight at my uncle's house in Rosyth after spending a fortune on a taxi from Edinburgh. I don't know of any Ebola releases with Skater and Duane, there might be some rehearsal recordings, but nothing official I don't think.

Hadn't read through the band history on the Ebola page, my mistake really, and apparently Skater appeared on the Ebola/Servitude split released through Clean Plate, with Duane finding his way on to the split 12" with German folks Y.

For those here who have no idea who we're talking about, both Duane and Skater lived in Aberdeen + prior to their all too brief periods with Ebola were members of punks Bloodshot. Skater would join Slain too, and Duane Eradicate.

Anyway, catch Ebola on MySpace here: www.myspace.com/ebolaukpowerviolence