aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

I've recently purchased

Arcade Fire - Funeral

Asian Dub FOundation -Tank

Leonard Cohen -Songs of Leonard Cohen

Bjork - Post

Television - Marquee Moon

Kraftwerk -Man Machine

Rilo Kiley - More Adventerous

Elliot Smith - Either / Or

Talking Heads - Fear of Music

The Velvet Underground - White light / White Heat

Slint - Spiderlands

hmm, most of mine aren't really *new* but I've been buying:-

Aimee Mann - I'm with Stupid

Eels - Beautiful Freak

The Dresden Dolls - ST

Rasputina - How we quit the forrest

Coheed & Cambria - ummm....I forget the very long winded name...the new one.

And downloaded lots of stuff even more mixed than that

I'm about to scuttle to One Up and buy Bredan Benson - The Alternative to Love. Yay!

Guest Ancient Mariner

At least one splendid choice there (Man Machine). Indeed, Rilo Kiley and Slint apart, they are all essential purchases (here speaks a man who hasn't made a legal tender-compact disc transaction in over a year)

Guest Ancient Mariner
i just bought American IV: The Man Comes Around by Johnny Cash' date=' its very good[/quote']

you constantly surprise me. Why do you still find the need to punish your senses with the other stuff? Is listening to metal the satanic equivalent of monastic self-floggings?

you constantly surprise me. Why do you still find the need to punish your senses with the other stuff? Is listening to metal the satanic equivalent of monastic self-floggings?

thing is Fiddes, you dont really know what i listen to. its all very well to assume that i listen to slayer and metallica all day but i don't. if you talked to me about music one night chances are you wouldnt be surprised next time i buy a cd

Scene points your way! Yeah I have the one CD. Didn't want to go overboard but Craig got all three. They are really great...the bassist is fantastic just need to hear "Toes Across The Floor" to realise that. "Mouthfull Of Cavities" and "Mother" are my fav's. I found Mother on Limewire. Doesn't seem to appear on any albums but after checking up on the net it says its a rare demo from their early career...awesom band.

I was very close to seeing them on the "Crammed in a Bigger Van" Tour... this was the tour after they went huge. First UK tour was called the "Crammed In A Van" Tour.

I still think Soup is a great album. My Dad was really really annoyed when RSH died as he was such a talented frontman and wasted his life away on heroin. That same strain of heroin almost killed Phil Anasemo, Scott Weiland and did kill off a good few others.... 95 was a bad year for Overdoses.

I was very close to seeing them on the "Crammed in a Bigger Van" Tour... this was the tour after they went huge. First UK tour was called the "Crammed In A Van" Tour.

I still think Soup is a great album. My Dad was really really annoyed when RSH died as he was such a talented frontman and wasted his life away on heroin. That same strain of heroin almost killed Phil Anasemo' date=' Scott Weiland and did kill off a good few others.... 95 was a bad year for Overdoses.[/quote']

I am plagued by getting into bands who are no longer around and/or have frontmen who had an overdose...Blind Melon, Mother Love Bone and Alice In Chains being the most recent...