aberdeen-music

metal gear solid 3 - snake eater

Untitled

what a brilliant game

still a little too short i feel, and should have ended a bit sooner.

brilliant story though and the new features are just ace. especially the healing section

the end is the best boss ever

but also a bit of a fucker to kill

anyone else bought this brilliant game yet?

Guest haigyman

fuck staying hidden, i just run about nailing people with the shotgun or the gun where snake goes "WWWARGH".

trying to find all those bastarding little frogs was a bitch mind.

try planting TNT and blowing up the storerooms, guards nearby keep moaning about being hungry.

i thought the cure function was all a bit silly really:

quickly chomping down a ration when fighting a boss - semi believable

carrying out major surgery - bit less believable

Fantastic game, best one in the series. The boss battles were superb I think - always great to see some originality in games there days. That fight with The End really was great stuff.

I was very happy with the storyline. It actually makes MGS2 a bit less confusing now.

Still lots of hidden stuff in there, as well as different paths an areas in the jungle left to find. Definitaly more replay value than the others.

Great game :up:

Guest haigyman
the best bit being the fact u can kill off the end before u fight him and save loads of time :D

oh how fun :)

ah but then you miss out on his "funky" camouflage and "groovy" sniper rifle

Guest haigyman
Fantastic game' date=' best one in the series. The boss battles were superb I think - always great to see some originality in games there days. That fight with The End really was great stuff.

I was very happy with the storyline. It actually makes MGS2 a bit less confusing now.

Still lots of hidden stuff in there, as well as different paths an areas in the jungle left to find. Definitaly more replay value than the others.

Great game :up:[/quote']

there's only really 2 areas in the jungle where you don't HAVE to go, one's quite nice though, neat little log cabin

I have been playing GT4 recently so I thought I would try MGS3...I must say all the camo changing is might annoying! I've only got to the old factory as I just played for about 40mins. So far I like the graphics but the game play isn't so hot...I prefer urban environments for sneaking around! Alas I am sure it will get better...I got a big freak out when it was Raiden/Jack in the plane at the start.

Guest haigyman
I have been playing GT4 recently so I thought I would try MGS3...I must say all the camo changing is might annoying! I've only got to the old factory as I just played for about 40mins. So far I like the graphics but the game play isn't so hot...I prefer urban environments for sneaking around! Alas I am sure it will get better...I got a big freak out when it was Raiden/Jack in the plane at the start.

you mean you picked "i like mgs2" instead of "i like mgs" !?!? FREAK.

The game is ace, i actually quite liked the battle with the end. Although the fury and the boss battles were both better. I thought the game was way too short though, the CQC system was good but often quite hard to put into practice.More than often i would snipe or tranqualise the enemy to save the hassle of being caught.

Best part has to be when snake gets a beating from volgin then gets payback

Guest haigyman
What difference does it make? I like both...huh? Does it effect the way the game goes?

it affects the intro and whether or not snake is shaved or not during the virtuous mission

Guest haigyman
i love the camo :D

the bosses were better in this game as there were more of them and different in wierd cool ways :)

i didnt like mgs2 as it only had 3 and fighting them all was a bit boring

played mgs2 yesterday and completed it in 3 hours' date=' just too short :([/quote']

but it sucked in this game how you weren't introduced to the bosses before fighting them, it was just "hello there...oh you're trying to kill me"

However you cant rip up bags of flower like you could in MGS2 and smash plates and things. I tried and failed.

I didn't even realise it was out, but if this is true, I might not bother buying it.

Where's the fun if you can't shoot inanimate objects to pieces? I used to spend ages making sure every single thing in a room that could be shot or broken had been shot or broken.

Actually I will buy it one day. MGS is easily the best game series ever.