aberdeen-music

cuts tracks on myspace

Guest valley69

Guest valley69
Just to clear a few things up - les's keyboard was used but lucy' date=' myself and mark nicol came up with the parts, les played some of them. The songs are copyright of the band and les has no claim to them at all. Cheers.[/quote']

I was going to keep out of this' date=' but this needs said.

Ollie, is it a wise idea keeping songs when there's such dispute over who wrote what? I speak to both you and Les, and what seems obvious to me is that you're still using material written by Les - if you want to erase any shades of doubt, then drop the songs. It's the safest way to go.[/quote']

Ok im not sure who actually wrote the keyboard parts, i was maybe thinking of another song (Swimming Under). The copyright thing was shit of me to say...I dont know the ins and outs of the copyright law but to avoid any wrongdoing ive taken all the songs down from my space.Any material les is involved in wont be aired or associated with the new cuts sound. Lucy is correct though, we do have a whole new set of new songs since les left.

Apologies to les for any hassle...Interestingly though the song (silence of you) as originally written by lucy without keybaords added in is still really cool.

watch this space for the cuts return with our new material being released in the next coupla months. Ciao

Guest Old Bonsie

I never said I wrote all the songs but I certainly wrote more than three songs. However I find this post very very nasty and unfair. If you read my posts I never said anything derogatory against the the band. But if you are all so determined to take the credit for my work then good luck to you. For 1. That song 'Silence of You was originally written by Lucy but by the time we recorded it we had changed the chorus, the music of which was written by me. 2. The keyboard parts on that song were by me and I distinctly remember the rest of the band, especially Lucy hating them at the time! I wrote a good proportion of the bands music including Driving Song, Burial, Last Day, Swimming Under and Seventeen and wrote a good part of other songs such as Going Home, Swimming Under, Enter Me for example. Its simply unfair to claim I had a small part in the band! As far as I remember we usually wrote as a team for example with what I was saying about the 'Silence of You' were Me, Valley 69 or Foetusgrrl came up with different parts as we done with a lot of our songs. Also its good to see that Ollie has apologised to me after claiming that I never that keyboard part.

To be honest im not interested in the past but im sick to death of being kicked in the teeth by you guys. This is the truth about what happened in the band. Im glad you've got a totally new set and have taken those old songs offline. Surely the fact that you've had to take those songs offline proves that I wrote more than three! Or maybe it was three of those songs I wrote! This is the last comment I will make about The Cuts. I have no fear about this post as it gets the truth out so you can counter this in any way you want but THIS IS THE TRUTH. :moody: