aberdeen-music

cuts tracks on myspace

Guest valley69

Guest Zeenat Aman

These tracks are great, the keys etc really bring the songs alive I think.

I saw you guys live sometime last year and thought that you could do with keys or something just to add some variety to the sound.

Very impressed.

:up:

it has to be said my kind of thing - having seen cuts a few times last year, i could always see a bit of potential in this lot. i still think there's much work to be done (dont ask me what mind wtf do i know?) but the 'it factor' (apologies for the cliche) is deffo there in these recordings......

i think lucy's voice is a bit weak on 'silence on you' (the early cure keyboards sound fastastic!!!) but sounds fucking great on 'summer', . 'last day' i remember as a stand out song from the live set. 'driving song' is probably me fave of the bunch - it hits all the right spots!!!!

Guest Old Bonsie

It would be interesting to hear what they sound like now though as I played on and co-wrote all these songs and I left 7 months ago after falling out with the singer! Anyway cheers Del for the praise about my 'Cure' keyboards. Its a sound i'll definately be exploring in my new band some more! I've heard The Cuts have a 'new sound' now so good luck to them.

Guest Zeenat Aman
It would be interesting to hear what they sound like now though as I played on and co-wrote all these songs and I left 7 months ago after falling out with the singer! Anyway cheers Del for the praise about my 'Cure' keyboards. Its a sound i'll definately be exploring in my new band some more! I've heard The Cuts have a 'new sound' now so good luck to them.

Oh my...

Ok, your keyboard parts really make the songs come alive!

:gringo:

Guest Old Bonsie
Oh my...

Ok' date=' your keyboard parts really make the songs come alive!

:gringo:[/quote']

Well yes it was my keyboard parts and if you knew anything about what happened in the band then maybe you would be more equipped to make sarcastic comments to me. Ok? And also I was being genuine with what I wrote and don't wish trouble with my former band as you've insinuated in a couple of posts.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Well yes it was my keyboard parts and if you knew anything about what happened in the band then maybe you would be more equipped to make sarcastic comments to me. Ok? And also I was being genuine with what I wrote and don't wish trouble with my former band as you've insinuated in a couple of posts.

I wasn't actually being sarcastic' date=' the keyboards [b']do, in my opinion, make the songs sound better!?

Take it easy, I have no interest in any of the other stuff.

Keep musicking!

Guest Old Bonsie

Actually it was a crappy Yamaha PSR-530 home keyboard I bought from Buy It Sell It as the top of George Street for about for a paltry amount. Sadly it died a couple of weeks after I left the band (not much luck at that point!) but its still sitting lifeless in my bedroom! It never was much use really and Mark always done a good job of 'beefing' the sound up in the studio. Im looking for a new keyboard for my new band. Any ideas what kind of keyboard would be good Del? I love that early Cure sound (Faith, Seventeen Seconds) and also Joy Division early New Order (Age of Consent etc). Whats a Juno 6?

Also really sorry to Philip for being a complete dick and having a go at him! Seriously what a twat! What did I say to someone else the other day about taking things too seriously? I think im the one guilty of that. Shame on me! If you see me in Exodus im due you a pint :cheers: as a way of apology. Sorry.

best bet would be a roland juno 6 or anything they were producing in the early 80's, only problem is most of them are analogue and prone to go out of tune easily (fine if your recording - a nightmare if your gigging) old moogs and korgs are neat as well. i'm really no expert at all!!!! there's others on here who know much more than me....

aye me too but that would be a little unprofessional given the fact i'm on air at the moment!

had a quick scoot round and there's some bargains on there at the mo (isnt there always mind?)

back to the topic - when are cuts planning to record some new tunes???

tee hee! i like the thought of ranting about said bands to the bewildered irish public!

I can see it now, the Irish public going mental for MMW and Stayover, them playing to packed out gigs in Derry and becoming the hottest thing from there since..er...

(quick google later)

The Undertones? :p

Guest valley69

Just to clear a few things up - les's keyboard was used but lucy, myself and mark nicol came up with the parts, les played some of them. The songs are copyright of the band and les has no claim to them at all. Cheers.

Just to clear a few things up - les's keyboard was used but lucy' date=' myself and mark nicol came up with the parts, les played some of them. The songs are copyright of the band and les has no claim to them at all. Cheers.[/quote']

I was going to keep out of this, but this needs said.

Ollie, is it a wise idea keeping songs when there's such dispute over who wrote what? I speak to both you and Les, and what seems obvious to me is that you're still using material written by Les - if you want to erase any shades of doubt, then drop the songs. It's the safest way to go.

for the record to get it straight!once and for all for anyone who actually gives a fuck! les has been out the band for a while and we now have a whole new set list...i wrote the silence of you (without the keys) and played it about a year ago at my acoustic set..now i refuse to get into disputes about who wrote what because in my opinon it is a waste of time...however,what i will say is what cuts are recording very soon all our new songs..over the past 5 months i have written lots of songs and we cant wait to record them....cheers for the feed back guys...so our new stuff will be out i would say in the next couple of months...the songs that les predominantely wrote are no longer in use and there is no question of copyright and i dont really know why ollie said that,but he was just stating his thoughts i suposse.

lucyx