I Have To Have One Of These

Leckie Gilman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dechristianise:

Only good if your playing soul or blues :p

its only got one pickup and its a high output bridge humbucker, so it'd be useless for playing soul and most blues where you'd want a fat, cleaner sound. in fact not having a neck pickup means you're not going to be able to get the fat fusion lead tone that made 355's and those sort of guitars cool in the firist place.

Guest operator zero

well to be fair graeme - if he's in a pop punk band and doesn't ever use the tone or the neck pickup there isn't much point in having them on the guitar is there?

Guest WalkingOnGlass
Originally posted by Leckie Gilman:

he does use a Les-Paul aswell and to be fair jamesy.............your guitar is root.

Leckie, what sort've guitar do I use?

And, perhaps I wasn't precise enough with my initial comment...

I think Fender 'Electric Guitars' are root...

Originally posted by retract.the.thorn:

I'm mellow...

I just thought I'd point out that I play A Gibson Les Paul that pisses all over your girly Strat ;)

Tav has an Ibanez bass *shakes head*

Yeah he does and what would your point be...he also plays an original 1960's Gibson SG with a bigsby...woopah! What kind of Les Paul do you have? There's nothing girly about a strat...just like there's nothing girly about an LP...buy both and get the best of both worlds...sorted!

I'm mellow...

I just thought I'd point out that I play A Gibson Les Paul that pisses all over your girly Strat ;)

Tav has an Ibanez bass *shakes head*

the mellowness is cool. (thank fuck it didn't turn out to be a "fuck you leckie and your shitty fender you suck ass and i hate your fucking guts and i wish you were dead and so should everyone else!" type arguement) but anyway back to the point.

i play a les-paul too which i totally agree kicks the shit outta most guitars i've played INCLUDING MY FENDER you happy now? hehe i admit les-pauls beat my fender.

heh.

Probably because Fenders are for little girls...

However, he should've just chucked on a Les Paul or an SG...Homo!

Most of the new album was actually recorded on a gold top les paul...I've heard live stuff with that new guitar and it sounds awful...

If I was gonna go for a big Gibson...it would be this one!

bbsl.jpg

I'd be changing that scratch plate tho!