aberdeen-music

The Jamesy speech thread

Hog

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just comes across like two local egotistical twats playing at being rockstars. HAHAHAHA pathetic' date=' seriously..[/quote']

Pathetic? Because we say the things that we think, because we stick up for the things we care about and believe in, the things that we pour all our time, money and heart into? Who the fuck are you to question that? All you are is a disgraceful waste of a human that sits at home, hiding behind his monitor, then playing the nice guy card anytime he happens to run into someone off here in Exodus. Surely it's time for a re-incarnation of such timely acts like The Thought? Find some balls...

But hey, this is only the internet...

Guest stuartmaxwell
Pathetic? Because we say the things that we think' date=' because we stick up for the things we care about and believe in, the things that we pour all our time, money and heart into? Who the fuck are you to question that? All you are is a disgraceful waste of a human that sits at home, hiding behind his monitor, then playing the nice guy card anytime he happens to run into someone off here in Exodus. Surely it's time for a re-incarnation of such timely acts like The Thought? Find some balls...

But hey, this is only the internet...[/quote']

ha ha ha

he doesnt really sit at home much. he is usually at a gig somewhere. i have never seen a nice guy card from him- hes a cunt :)

the guts on fire stuff is sounding poarticularly good (if i do say so myself :) hopefully it will prove most wrong :)

Guest neil ex
Pathetic? Because we say the things that we think' date=' because we stick up for the things we care about and believe in, the things that we pour all our time, money and heart into? Who the fuck are you to question that? All you are is a disgraceful waste of a human that sits at home, hiding behind his monitor...[/quote']

Anytime I've ever spoken to you in person, Jamesy, I've spoken to you with respect, because you've always spoken to me in a respectful manner. Anyone that knows me will tell you that I'm always polite. I'm just a normal guy, I don't try and present any images, that's a load of rubbish. Who you see is who I am. I called your rants pathetic because there's really no need to stick up for your band. It's either all image, or you take yourself too seriously. I suspect a bit of both. What exactly were you sticking up for anyway Jamesy? Your band were voted worst band in a fun local awards event. Anyway, I wasn't present, but I suspect your speech was to be taken pretty light heartedly anyway..

not really.i'm sure jamesy could've done better than that.that particular comment about pouring his heart into something he believes in?spare us the melodrama.a short insult would have been more effective and sounded far less pretentious.

Did it sound as pretentious as 'I manage Dedalus'?

;)

who are My Mind's Weapon?

who are Dedalus?

where can I get MP3s of them?

And where can I get an MP3 of this infamous "We've played England" speech?????

I haven't a clue who any of the people or any of the bands are in this thread but there's something brilliantly cliquey and hilarious about it all that's making me laugh at it.

I'll reserve the right to laugh along with it till I hear / see the bands in question but till then I'll laugh at it.

Are you being serious...?

F*cking right I'm serious.

Just because I'm not part of a small town incestuous music scene & I don't go around awarding "scene points" to people I know - and don't expcet any in return - doesn't mean I can't occasionally be interested in what 's going on.

I'm genuinly intrigued to hear why this band got a the "worst" award at these awards.

I'm genuinly intrigued to hear why this band got a the "worst" award at these awards.

well dont watch some stupid drunken speach to decide go to http://www.purevolume.com/mymindsweapon and listen to the music, isnt that whats important.

as far as im concerned winning worst bands means your most popular as previous winners have shown but hey its the fudges and they are all ment as a bit of fun.

Bring on next year fudge!!!!

well dont watch some stupid drunken speach to decide go to http://www.purevolume.com/mymindsweapon and listen to the music' date=' isnt that whats important.

as far as im concerned winning worst bands means your most popular as previous winners have shown but hey its the fudges and they are all ment as a bit of fun.

Bring on next year fudge!!!![/quote']

Ok, gave them a listen. I'm not really a "Metal" (I'm sure someone will correct me with the appropraite sub-genre here) fan so it's not something I would listen to or even be able to find contemporary comparison with.

However, they weren't the "worst" band I've ever heard. Were the rest of the bands in the short list particulary good? Or is it a personality thing?

However' date=' they weren't the "worst" band I've ever heard. Were the rest of the bands in the short list particulary good? Or is it a personality thing?[/quote']

there was no shortlist. anybody could've voted for anyone.

it's a personality thing i think. when alyssa's wish won this award last year there was a right old rumpus kicked off on these boards. it was a hoot, you should hunt down some old threads :D

last year, everybody thought we'd rigged it. this year though, everybody seems to be accepting this result. thankfully.

F*cking right I'm serious.

Just because I'm not part of a small town incestuous music scene & I don't go around awarding "scene points" to people I know - and don't expcet any in return - doesn't mean I can't occasionally be interested in what 's going on.

Chill the fuck out man...I was just asking...

Its just that My Minds Weapon were/are the talk of these forums...because no one really likes them....

strange if you ask me...but hey...

Ok' date=' gave them a listen. I'm not really a "Metal" (I'm sure someone will correct me with the appropraite sub-genre here) fan so it's not something I would listen to or even be able to find contemporary comparison with.

However, they weren't the "worst" band I've ever heard. Were the rest of the bands in the short list particulary good? Or is it a personality thing?[/quote']

but you gave it a chance and thats the main thing.

And your right there nowhere near the worst band but as i said its the fudges they matter not, they are here so everyone can get really pissed and have a good night dressed up.

Chill the fuck out man...I was just asking...

Its just that My Minds Weapon were/are the talk of these forums...because no one really likes them....

strange if you ask me...but hey...

sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was starting something there.

I've read threads / comments on them before but never really thought about it - was just intrigued after they won that award.