aberdeen-music

The Jamesy speech thread

Hog

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stuartmaxwell

"im shagging the girl who won most shaggable, my band are playing in england and touring etc, who the fuck are you, jealous etc etc"

:laughing:

i have a great picture of it on my camera with jimmy lucifer in the background pissing himself

Guest Zeenat Aman
"im shagging the girl who won most shaggable' date=' my band are playing in england and touring etc, who the fuck are you, jealous etc etc"[/quote']

Charming! heh

Although the awards aint supposed to be all that serious, it is a bit farsical that they won the worst band. Like AW last year!?!?!?!

i was chatting to jamesy last night and saying it's one of the better awards to get because at the end of the day, the fact you're in peoples heads when they're filling out the form shows you're at least being though about. at the end of the day, all the people who are nominated for best rock/metal/other etc but don't win are forgotten as soon as the awards are over and the only category that myself (and most people) can remember the winner for every year are worst band!

i can't even think who's won BEST act most years! not to take anything away from the other winners of course, especially my boys in the atom cos that's a great sweep, but everyone remembers the worst band category.

spoons

/x

Guest Zeenat Aman
Winning Worst Band is actually like a compliment when you think about it :p

It should be re-titled: The band with members that have pissed off the most people on aberdeen music cos that's what appears to have greatly influenced the last two worst band results.

Guest Zeenat Aman
I don't remember much of any of AW posting on the boards...if I were MMW I'd be taking it as a sort of compliment/more "band with most volatile threads on ab-music.com award"

Great, so maybe Stayover will win next year! :D

i'll bet they win it again. everyone will remember jamesys speech and vote for a repeat performance.

broken sunshine were the second worst band. largely because they got lots of votes around the period when all those threads sprung up on the wasteland about their gig at kef, etc. remember? i barely can.

lost were third.

mmw polled rather well actually, but were unfortunate to come up against black atom in full force in most metal of meta, best live act AND best band. and i checked. they came THIRD in the best band category. :)

i have jamesy's speech on video. i shall see if i can put it up somewhere.