aberdeen-music

a4121979491_10.jpg

https://dasmcmanus.bandcamp.com/

Das McManus - Department of Homeland Obscurity is available to download and stream from bandcamp. We are all super happy with the album and a big thanks to Chris Marr from Fall On Studios for doing a fantastic job in recording, engineering, mixing and mastering the album.

Have a listen, maybe a cheeky download and let us know what you think!

• Upvote 2

Thanks Matt, ATB.

I personally think that the secret weapon on the album is one David Woods. Usually, I would say that all those awesome pinches, scrapes and biddly boos are what takes the songs to the next level, but Woods was on fire over the weekend. Not only has he written parts that compliment the songs and not overpower them, he was giving it 100% for the recording. Top guy!

Thanks Matt, ATB.

I personally think that the secret weapon on the album is one David Woods. Usually, I would say that all those awesome pinches, scrapes and biddly boos are what takes the songs to the next level, but Woods was on fire over the weekend. Not only has he written parts that compliment the songs and not overpower them, he was giving it 100% for the recording. Top guy!

I've always rated Woods and his drumming.  Also, it's as enjoyable to watch him play as it is to listen to him - world's happiest drummer, I reckon.

As an aside, I'm so glad you said 100%.

Thanks Matt, ATB.

I can't remember which song it's in, but on first listen there was a drum fill that totally made me go

tumblr_m507yhepde1qc1u27o1_500.gif

• Upvote 1

I've only had the one listen thus far but enjoyed it. Everything gels nicely together, which wasn't always the case on previous Das recordings, it sometimes felt like parts from different styles of song muddled together. The dual vocals work real good and it also sounds real good considering it seemed to be recorded in a relatively short space of time.

All in all, good effort folks

• Upvote 1

If folks want to hear what the fuss is all about LIVE, then you can see Das McManus this Saturday at Cellar 35:

https://www.facebook.com/events/358799954282015/?pnref=story

BEARD OF TRUTH, LIZABETT RUSSO, DAS MCMANUS, OLIVER RICHARD, BEFORE CAVEMEN

So this is it folks, the last ever Citizen Mule gig. Over the last 3 years we've put on some epic gigs and we plan on going out in style on Saturday 20th December, which is why we've got a belter of a line-up for you!

Beard Of Truth
The solo project of Scott John Longmuir, frontman of Edinburgh's The Last Battle, who were selected in The Herald's albums of the year the other week. The full band played an amazing gig for us last year and we can't wait to get Scott back to hear some of his solo work - he has hinted that his stupendously awesome cover of Warren G's Regulate will probably make it onto the playlist too!

Lizabett Russo
Not sure what else we can say about Lizabett Russo - a firm favourite of many a Citizen Mule gig, she'll be well-known to anyone who has been attending our gigs or regulars at the Musa open mic night, which she hosts. She's undoubtedly one of the most versatile and talented performers in Aberdeen right now and we reckon she actually just gets better ever time she plays for us. 

Das McManus
Battering the shit out of audiences with a wall of sound since 2012, local heroes Das McManus describe their sound as PowerPopPunx. Do you know what that means? I don't, but I know they are bloody brilliant live and you'd be a damned fool to miss them. 

Oliver Richard
Another Citizen Mule favourite returning for the last gig, Oliver Richard loves noise. He makes noise better than almost anyone we know too, which comes in handy when you're a musician. We previously compared him to Jeff Buckley, but his sound has evolved and he promises that he's now louder and more varied than most bands, so we can't wait to hear that!

Before Cavemen
Newcomers to the Citizen Mule gigs, but our scouts have sent back great reports. They're a 5-piece alternative band managed by Lost Halo Promotions. Founded in early 2013, their current single Beg to Differ has been making waves and they are currently working on their debut EP.

• 2 weeks later...