aberdeen-music

Nba

waltz

What's your beef with Mark Cuban?

Anyway, really really happy that the Mavericks took this. I'd have been semi-depressed if the deeply unlikeable Miami Heat (who've really shown their true colours on and off the court in this series) had won this. Dirk Nowitzki has been beyond incredible - the fact that he's IMPROVING with age really is something.

Anyway, really really happy that the Mavericks took this. I'd have been semi-depressed if the deeply unlikeable Miami Heat (who've really shown their true colours on and off the court in this series) had won this. Dirk Nowitzki has been beyond incredible - the fact that he's IMPROVING with age really is something.

Can't help but feel this is some sour grapes after Miami got all the players the Bulls wanted last summer so you ended up with 30 year old Boozer for $75 million as he poured in 12.5 points a game in the playoffs.

The only thing Miami as a team have done is shown off their 3 star players in a ridiculous party thing to announce them. Lebron has done plenty to annoy the general public I agree but you can't claim Chicago wouldn't have been parading Wade if they had got him last summer as they wanted.

I do agree that cough-gate was pretty unlikeable if that's one of the things you are refering to though. I think it was meant as a joke but was in poor taste as Dirk did amazingly well to play through his illness.

He's basically a full grown baby. At the smallest sign of any controversy, or what he considers to be controversy, it's toys out the pram.

The players arent allowed to lose their temper and flip out or bad mouth the NBA/the officials/other players (granted, some have done) so he needs to learn to control his short temper in the same way everyone else has to. He's been fined over $1m for 13 separate incidents of being a moany bastard.

Not really "beef", I just don't like him.

He's basically a full grown baby. At the smallest sign of any controversy, or what he considers to be controversy, it's toys out the pram.

The players arent allowed to lose their temper and flip out or bad mouth the NBA/the officials/other players (granted, some have done) so he needs to learn to control his short temper in the same way everyone else has to. He's been fined over $1m for 13 separate incidents of being a moany bastard.

Not really "beef", I just don't like him.

That's it?! Wow.

Can't help but feel this is some sour grapes after Miami got all the players the Bulls wanted last summer so you ended up with 30 year old Boozer for $75 million as he poured in 12.5 points a game in the playoffs.

The only thing Miami as a team have done is shown off their 3 star players in a ridiculous party thing to announce them. Lebron has done plenty to annoy the general public I agree but you can't claim Chicago wouldn't have been parading Wade if they had got him last summer as they wanted.

I do agree that cough-gate was pretty unlikeable if that's one of the things you are refering to though. I think it was meant as a joke but was in poor taste as Dirk did amazingly well to play through his illness.

Not sour grapes at all - had it been a Mavs/Bulls final and Mavs won, I'd have still praised them, there's no doubt that they absolutely deserve it. I genuinely detest a great deal about Miami Heat, whether it's Erik Spoelstra being a tool of the highest order, LeBron's inability to take responsibility for his own performances, or "jokes" as you pointed out (their reasoning that it was a "joke" on the "media" is bullshit, they've no humility), the oft-discussed 'The Decision' show... I could go on, but I'd rather concentrate on the Mavs' victory!

That's it?! Wow.
I genuinely detest a great deal about Miami Heat, whether it's Erik Spoelstra being a tool of the highest order, LeBron's inability to take responsibility for his own performances, or "jokes" as you pointed out (their reasoning that it was a "joke" on the "media" is bullshit, they've no humility)

Okidoke.

What's you beef with Erik Spoelstra?

I think I praised the Mavs too as it was a great victory but this Heat hatred from a lot of NBA fans (not saying you in particular) is ridiculous. A lot of it is jealousy, the 3 most saught after free agents in one year all going to the same team, it's not that different to the Celtics when they got their big 3 except the Heat are still young and can go for many years after this one.

I do agree that "The Decision" was a terrible way to do it as well, but LeBron did come out and apologise to Cleveland fans about that after the series with the Celtics so give him a little credit.

• 5 months later...

New season starts December 25th. Howard looks to be off to the Nets. Chris Paul's Lakers switch has been nixed because the NBA think it's "unfair". Mark Cuban is still a lunatic.

Any hoops fans still doing the rounds here? I like the Magic, but they're a terrible mess. A terrible, terrible mess.

NBA in general for the moment but I'm gonna be alll over the Brooklyn Nets. It'll feel legit to support them too, rather than just jumping on the bandwagon. The stadium is a short walk from my apartment and to be here for the start makes it ok for me to support them. I think i'll feel some sort of attachment similar (although nowhere near as strong) to how I support the Dons. The Mets baseball team have grown on me in that way too.

• 3 weeks later...

The Knicks'll do alright. Their defence, though improved by Chandler, is pretty wonky but they have two of the best shooters in the league. That should carry them through to the playoffs, although it's hard to imagine them accomplishing much with Mike Bibby or Baron Davis at PG.

My early season kneejerks: the Celtics' championship window has closed, the Pacers are better than I thought, neither of the LA teams look Finals-ready, Miami will win the East and Oklahoma the West.

• 1 month later...